So what are you expecting from the first year of the box nation/bt tie in?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Dec 28, 2016.

1. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    They need a 'big name' fight to really start to get eyeballs of casuals heading their way and outside of Tyson Fury making a comeback or a Haye world title fight later in year if he doesn't have a Joshua fight i cant see who that will be.

Think the boxers at a level lower than that are going to make more cash playing both sides off against each other though

And thats not even including ITV Box office which in theory could be a huge deal but is starting with a mess of a fight

2. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Yes agree with the above, I think they will go all out to get Tyson fury once he is back. Would love to see fury v price as a come back fight. Can't see Haye working with Hearn again so expect him to jump to BT after the Bellew win.

Bjs v canelo
    Hughie fury v wilder or Parker
    Flanagan v Campbell
    Warrington v selby

Expect them to chase the Khan v brook winner for Liam smith at 154 he he wins back the wbo which canelo will vacate.

Butler v Haskins/McDonnell.
    Tete and Jamie Conlan, kid Galahad in world title fights.

Also possible new signings. Should also still get some international fights but sky already beat them to Degale and Frampton.

3. Guy Nicho

Guy Nicho Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I expect a few to be pleasantly surprised but year 1 to be a year of building. I see them signing a lot of potential and British level lads to build up

4. big_daddy

big_daddy Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Is joe Joyce turning pro? Would think frank would make a big push for him, doubt he'd have that much competition from Eddie either and he's someone who he may see as one of his new stars in BT/BN

5. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    FW in my opinion will F this deal up just like the other 3 deals......any BIG star with half a brain will only join him on their terms now rather than on his.

But I can't see anything but him keep slagging off all his competitors and keep on delivering garbage himself as usual but blame everyone else but himself. I'm surprised he hasn't sued himself yet!

Would he be prepared to take one from behind from Fury if he knows he will get him when he comes back?

tee_birch likes this.
  6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I'm intrigued to see if they give away the big domestic cards on BT or if they are reserved for Boxnation only.

7. GTFUP

Dec 12, 2015
    BT won't take that would they? Surely they want the best fights

8. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    If you have BT you have the box nation channel aswell i think.

9. Guy Nicho

Aug 1, 2016
    Is it 20 a year on BT and Boxnation plus a further 10 on BN only?

Another thing I think you will see is boxers being asked to take tougher fights

10. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    It's ten domestic fights exclusive to Boxnation. I can see Frank/Queensbury/Boxnation being eventually bought out by BT even if this deal goes badly.

11. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Fury will be getting about 10 missed calls a day. Wouldn't surprise me if big-money offers were made for Khan and DeGale too. Looking at how much BT spent on footy the money is there if they are willing to spend it.

Frank will be wishing this came along a few years ago. A lot of big names were more accessible back then.

12. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Degale is back with Hearn now.

13. Guy Nicho

Aug 1, 2016
    I've a feeling Warrington/Nurse may be his marquee signings and he will invest in young talent that he can bring through, using the money to ensure they get their chances at home, not sure why but just got a feeling he see's it as a long term project rather than a quick win.

14. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Fr4nk has also said that hes made offers to kell, so one would presume that hes still trying to tempt some big established names over to him.

15. GTFUP

Dec 12, 2015
    There is no way on earth FW has enough in his stable to cover 30 shows in a year. This has the making of disaster all over it and I'd guarantee in a years time the forum will be full of people saying how boring and craap they are. If Hearn can't do it now for Sky with the market share and AJ then Warren hasn't got a chance. BT should stick to phones! They killed champions league viewing so boxing has no chance on that channel.