So what is holding up Wilder v Fury 2 being annouced?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Bob Arum has already said that ESPN and Fox are planning a joint announcement.

2. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Zero Promotion.....no ads.......no venue....not a peep out of both fighters.....no Promoter pitch.....no talk show lap it up......yeah that fight is guaranteed going to be in Feb.....lol.......and the "new" trainer only needs a couple of weeks to get Fury ready.....how gullible can you be.

3. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    It's set in stone!

4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    People are so strange. If it's not February, it'll be March. Who really cares? It's a joint ESPN/Fox broadcast which makes it as complicated a deal as it gets in boxing.

The amount of people hoping it doesn't happen so they can say "I told you so" is absolutely bizarre. I can't get my head around it.

Boxing "fans" hoping a big heavyweight boxing fight won't happen. Peculiar people indeed.

5. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    According to you they’ve signed for two more fights and the venue for February 22 is Las Vegas. Now Fury doesn’t even have a trainer, there’s still been no announcement, and the fight is supposedly happening in less than ten weeks?

I reckon someone’s been feeding you a load of nonsense mate.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  6. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    The creep Hayers pops out of his ma's cupboard to talk about Tyson Fury. Surprise surprise. Welcome Tony.

Fury is being trained by Sugar Hill in the famous kronk gym.

That "someone" is Bob Arum and Shelley Finkel. Remember this post when the fight is announced ya creep.

Emerald Oracle likes this.
  7. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    The fight will happen but it will be dull just like the first 1, except the two KDs.
    Wilder has no other options, I don't see him fighting Kownacki next or Ruiz.

But the whole joint PPV is hilarious..........neither guy is a draw and can't sell any tickets, neither are PPV attractions, WTF are they expecting really?

Scissors and TonyHayers like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Seriously @TonyHayers and @Hattonmad don't you 2 get bored just arguing the same points EVERY thread?

9. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Very boring, yes. But if he starts quoting me and talking nonsense, I'm going to reply.

10. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I don’t think I’ve said anything which is nonsense. I’ve simply questioned why you seem to have taken everything about this fight as gospel when all indicators suggest it’s not happening the way you see it.

I’ve said all along that I think the fight will happen if Joshua beat Ruiz. Had Ruiz won I think we’d be seeing Wilder v Ruiz. But they were clearly waiting for that result and the aftermath clearly suggests this is being pushed back.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  11. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Fury now has Emmanuel Steward's nephew announced as his trainer.

12. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Tyson Fury and heavyweight title rematches.

I really hope it happens though.

13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Frank says the fight will be announced early this week

14. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    The way I see this fight is in Las Vegas on February 22nd. If it's put back a few weeks, who cares? Seriously.

What's clear is that you're a strange man, fixated on irrelevance.

15. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016