Solis vs Aldo Colliander

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chiko_Tech, Jul 5, 2007.

1. geppy

geppy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    It seems pretty unanimous in the Euro forum that it was a very boring fight and Solis was overweight. Are you disagreing that the fight was impressive ?

It seems a Solis fan here.

'Solis will look better next time, thats for shure.
    But have anyone of you seen gamboa?? That guy is amazing"

2. Asterion

Asterion Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Colliander seems like a good win for a fighter in his third pro bout.

Solis was 255 lbs. He looked good at 252 in his fight against Mazikin.

3. Shpion

Shpion IDF Full Member

Feb 9, 2007
    I don't think in this particular instance it is a hate but a comment about his weight. Solis fought as a HW in Amatuers and is only 6'1. The 250Lbs weight is little to high for him.

4. Alcaldemb

Alcaldemb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    It isn't hate that is what you seem to be missing as you are absolutely in love with Solis. The man fought at 215-220 pounds when he was a super heavy and is now tipping the scales between 252 and 259. A lot of us want him to do well but it is hard to take him seriously till he takes his training seriously. I have no doubt if he had come in shape he could have stopped Colliander, but since he didn't he simply could not cut off the ring.

5. geppy

geppy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    At 6'1 255 lbs, Solis is the second coming of Kirk Johnson. He is undersized and overweight, the weight is not helping speed, work rate and stanima. There is major hope for Solis but he needs to get in shape.

6. Alcaldemb

Mar 4, 2006
    Careful now you will get labeled a hater.

7. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Colliander needs to learn how to commit in the ring...

Solis Fonte is not going anywhere if he doesn't lose the poundage..

8. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    True. Im sure part of the initial attraction to tyson by the casual fan was the fact that he was built like the incredible hulk. Peoples perception of how a boxer should look like.

9. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Solis Fonte can be a champion, but he will need to tidy up his conditioning if he wants to compete professionally at the highest level..

Or he may become remembered in the same way Greg Page and Tony Tubbs were.. Nice fellers but wasted years.

10. Bubba

Bubba Francis was never my friend Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Solis is fat!!

6'0 and 255 lbs!!

11. WestSideBoxer

WestSideBoxer Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Solis defeats Colliander!
    This content is protected

2004 Olympic gold medalist Odlanier Solis (3-0, 2 KOs) won a clear four-round decision over Aldo Colliander (12-2) on Friday night in front of a good crowd at the Arena Gym in Hamburg, Germany. Solis who had blown out his two previous opponents in :47 and :43 second was almost apologetic after the fight vowing to return to the "other Solis" next time. It was revealed afterward that because of an injured ankle, Solis had done no sparring in preparation for the fight. Manager and promoter Ahmet Öner stated, "No other promoter in the world would have let Solis fight under these circumstances. But he wanted the fight and I knew that he would win anyways. Nobody can stop this man!"
    [/FONT]

12. Alcaldemb

Mar 4, 2006
    Man you really have it for Solis. He might have had an injured ankle, I am sure if he did it was brought on by his excessive weight. Also if the injury was bad enough to scrap sparring believe me he wouldn't be in a fight.

13. WestSideBoxer

WestSideBoxer Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I knew it .....

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I just have to mention Solis doing something good, and it pisses Alcaldemb and the extreme Povetkin fans (not all of them, but just the insecure ones:yep)

Calm Down Alcaldem, Solis succeding in the pro ranks will not take away the limelight from Povetkin :good

14. Alcaldemb

Mar 4, 2006
    No I just don't buy he had an injury bad enough that prevented him from sparring but allowed him to fight. You can ask a lot of people out there and they would concure. As far as my critcism about his weight it is valid. He was 215 in the amateurs and is now 255, he needs to come down or else his career will be plagued by injuries and his once great mobility will disappear. Sorry I don't buy Ohner's lines and sorry I want him to maximize his potential.

15. KO Boxing

KO Boxing Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    :-((

Despite the hype, Ive seen it all before!

Won't take notice till he loses at least 15 pounds.