Solis vs Aldo Colliander

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chiko_Tech, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    I watched the fight life and even before the bout started they said Solis is somewhat injured on his knee. Im shure he will be lighter next time when he can train properly, he will come under 250 next time im shure. He had trainer issues as well, Masson was fired and he has a new trainer since 2 weeks now, maybe he not really trained at all for this bout. Everybody can have a bad night, next time Solis will be better. one thing is for shure, even yesterday when he didnt looked that good you could still see that this guy has it!! And hes so cool in the ring, i have never seen a boxer whos so cool in there. Other are way more nervous. You can clearly see that this guy is something special. But he has to lose some pounds!

2. WestSideBoxer

WestSideBoxer Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I think that's why he's one of the "All Time Greats in the Amateurs" :bbb

3. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    People here are far too harsh on Solis IMO.He has defeated three decent opponents in a row.Fighters,a promosing talent usually faces in his 12th or 13th pro fights.Malik Scott hasnt yet faced an foe who can hold a candle to either Mazikin or Colliander.
    Solis is the complete package IMO.Of course his stamina is still a huge question mark due to his overweight.However,his limited American coach has been fired and been replaced by an old and very authoritarian German coach who is very fond of discipline.
    Solis is for real.My only worry is that he gets fond of western freedoms and american junk food.
    He for sure shouldnt take a page out of Gomez's book who prefers partying to sweating in the gym.Gomez is a great fighter,but has wasted his huge talent due to his sloppy attitude towards his choosen profesion.
    I very much hope that Solis wont follow the same path!

4. Bubba

Bubba Devin was never my friend Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Solis is 6'0 and weights 255 lbs!

What is it with all the fat overweight heavies?!

5. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004

Well,since leaving Cuban he has balloned up quite a lot.I guess that there are not a lot of McDonalds on Cuba.Too much junk food in the western countries.Solis obviously takes pleasure in his new free life style.Understandable! After all he is a human being.However,he needs a good promoter,a capable matchmaker,and a tough and demanding coach.
    Well,he has a rather inexperienced promoter,his matchmaker doesnt seem to have that much knowledge about the paid ranks eithter,and according to the news his former American trainer strongly lacked discipline.
    I was glad to learn that his American coach has been replaced by an experienced old German coach who is quite fond of discipline.
    I guess that within the next few weeks Solis will lose some considerable weight.
    I very much hope that Solis will fight some average journeymen before he takes on another fighter who plays in Colliander or Mazikin's league.
    There is really no need to rush Solis into big fights.

6. Alcaldemb

Alcaldemb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    None of us debate that. We know he was a great amateur, our only problem is his lack of discipline and poor conditioning as a pro. What I do not understand is why you think that our criticism of this very obvious flaw is somehow more than us wanting him to do well by training hard and eating right.

7. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Hes a bit taller than 6'0. Hes 6'1 and a half.
    And i think he needs an good american trainer, not an german coach who teaches the classic european style with no headmovement, doublegard and only or mostly straight punches. I hope Kirsch dont change the style of the cubans. The cubans already know how to fight, the only thing the trainer has to do is to get them in good physical shape and good condition.