Mate, unless this blokes only weakness is Kryptonite, you have to be in love with him. As far as being the best in League. I come from the 50's era. Played with & against Langlands etc. (Schoolboys comps) From the Rapers to the Kelly's through to today, I couldn't pick a standout. But the modern era of Lewis, Langer, Sterling, Johns, Fittler, Lockyer, etc. is as good as it gets. All I can say is that their scintilating talent of being where the ball was heading, can't really be improved on. These blokes read a game like it was choreographed. I hope your boy gets among the greats, because to me, it really is only a game, & wizard driven entertainiing football is the epitome of contact sport IMO.
Yeah like The Man of the Match in just his second match. Cannot wait for the World Cup where he will rip the Wallabies a new one.
He played well in the game against Scotland but wasnt as involved as i would have liked him to be. He holds a footy like I hold a tennis ball, his offloads are accurate, can come from any angle and straight out lead to tries cause they defence have no idea the ball has been kept alive. The English team is coming along nicely for next years world cup, the treated the Wallabies like mud and hammered them.
keep Sonny Bill out of the ring Brad Walter December 15, 2010 This content is protected 4 This content is protected This content is protected Return to the ring . . . Sonny Bill Williams (R) stalks Gary Gurr during his first bout in Brisbane in May 2009. Photo: Getty Images SONNY BILL WILLIAMS, who is looking to star at next year's Rugby World Cup, wants to establish himself in the boxing ring as well. Williams, who shone on the All Blacks' recent end-of-season tour of Europe, will today announce details of a heavyweight fight in Newcastle on January 29. Unlike his previous two bouts, when he appeared on the undercard of Anthony Mundine's KO To Drugs promotions in Brisbane, Williams will be the headline act and his opponent, Scott Lewis, already has one big-name scalp to his credit, knocking out former Queensland rugby league prop Carl Webb in a bout earlier this year. Advertisement: Story continues below Fans reacted with shock on Fairfax websites yesterday when the news broke of Williams's plan to box, but he clearly has the blessing of the New Zealand Rugby Union and an official told the Herald it had been agreed at the time of his signing that the former Bulldogs star could have several fights during his 18-month contract. Williams, who yesterday lunched with Channel Nine representatives in Sydney, made his ring debut against Auckland bouncer Garry ''the Baboon'' Gurr last year and is known to be keen to fight as often as possible. The 25-year-old dual international was frustrated and disappointed after his most recent fight, on June 30, when fellow Kiwi Ryan Hogan lasted just over two minutes and 30 seconds, and told his manager Khoder Nasser to find him a tougher opponent for his next bout. Fitting that bill is Lewis, a Campbelltown forklift driver who had a knockout win over Webb, a former Queensland Golden Gloves champion, in the fourth round of their bout at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. Despite his superb fitness from an off-season of training at the Cowboys under the direction of Billy Johnstone - who was an Australian boxing champion during his playing days with Canterbury - Webb was outpointed by the more experienced Lewis and did not last the distance. Williams and Lewis, who has had three wins and four losses, are expected to fight eight three-minute rounds. The fight is scheduled for the same night that Williams's Crusaders teammates play their first pre-season match before the Super Rugby season, which starts on February 18, but a Canterbury spokesman said that as a member of the All Blacks squad that toured Europe, he was not due to resume training until February 1. After the tour, in which he made his All Blacks debut against England and was named man of the match in his second Test, against Scotland, Williams visited Toulon, where he played two seasons after walking out on the Bulldogs in 2008. Having turned down a three-year, $6 million offer to remain at the French Top 14 club to pursue his goal of playing for the All Blacks in the 2011 World Cup, Williams has been linked with a return to Toulon and indications are he would also want to continue boxing. The NZRU is thought to be keen to extend his $550,000 a year deal, while several NRL clubs are expected to show interest when he comes off contract at the end of the year. Channel Nine, which has the rights for the Rugby World Cup, is believed to be keen to maintain a strong relationship with Williams, and he, Nasser and Mundine yesterday lunched with news director Darren Wicks, sports presenter Ken Sutcliffe and reporter Danny Weidler.
One of my favourite threads this one - it'd be hard to have more fun at Disneyland! This is the thread where 20a87 got busted and then went and hid for 6 months. (refer Post #82 onward, or click this shortcut: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234392&page=6) It was great to see our imbicilic, trolling friend 20a87 make a brief return the other day - but it seems Limp Wrist Louie has already sulked off again! See you when you pluck up the courage to return again Froggy troll :hi:
Great to see the next installment of Barnham and Bailey, oop's I mean Boxa promotions circus, oop's I mean boxing... What a ****ing joke!
S.B.W. v Scott Lewis, Jan 29th. "The Man, got The Man in my corner. I believe Anthonys the best boxer to come out of Australia. Have him in my corner with his wisdom, i will be picking his brain"... ****ing delusional....obviously knows nothing about the fight game to make a nonsense statement about The Pioneer being the best boxer to have come out of Australia......he has only ever left our shores once and was put to sleep....
True - Canada vs Pompey and NZ vs Sullivan. Remember how he was going to fight in Malaysia and Indonesia too?
Good on SBW for wanting to keep having a dip. Cops a lot of ****, but hasnt looked all that bad for a bloke with no previous experience. All these other fighters only want to fight SBW to get their own name out there, but realistically I think Sonny is doing the right thing by taking it slow.