Sonny Liston vs. Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Balder, Mar 31, 2015.

1. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007

**** Writes down everything that Sauhund says ****

2. BrutalForeman

BrutalForeman Active Member Full Member

May 17, 2014
    There is no way Vitali could stand up to Sonnys power. Neither is he fast enough to avoid Sonny's jab, the strongest most destructive jab in boxing history. Vitali and his brother would both be like big punching bags for a Prime Liston.

Liston KO round 5.

3. FastHands(beeb)

FastHands(beeb) Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I am just about to go to work so don't have time to go into much detail on this one, but my initial gut feeling is that I see Liston busting Vitali up in about 5 or 6 rounds. I think both are likely durable enough not to be stopped early by the other (although by my reckoning Sonny probably has the better chance to score such a win).

I think Liston hits the more upright and stiff Vitali with enough jabs and follow up shots to methodically bust him up.

4. Balder

Balder Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Liston was a bully, and when a man can stand up to him, the bully becomes intimidated.

Vitali is by no means going to be scared of Liston. He hardly ever was fazed by shots, even from some of the greatest punchers ( Uppercut Lennox comes to mind)

I think Liston will actually be the intimidated one. I think he will fight cautiously, and Vitali with his punch output and power will keep Liston at range. The only way I see Liston winning this is via cuts like what Lewis did to him.

Liston's Jab was amazing and powerful, if it connected enough ,Vitali's face would look like ground hamburger within 6 rounds.

But, If this fight is not stopped on cuts, I see Liston bowing out within 8 rounds. He will be hurt a few times, it will be enough for him to cave and look for a way out. He wont be able to hurt Vitali because as many have said, he will be punching up, and losing power. Vitali already has Iron in his Jaw. So Listons in for a long night. Vitali just systematically begins to impose his size and will on Sony. Sony wont stand for long.

Vitali, to big and durable, a good boxer with work rate and power. Really underrated.

Liston was intimidated by ALi, Just look at his face in the first fight when he had to look UP at Ali. He was surprised. VK would dwarf him.

5. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    KNOCKOUTS which I underlined.:patsch Never resigned?

Q What happened in the Byrd fight was it Byrd who quit?
    Don't bother replying, I cant be ****d to read the **** you will post.:-(

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Active Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2013
    LOL...Oh yeh, can't wait to see how this fight turns out.

7. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Sonny" Ugly Bear" Liston, the most hysterical over rated two time quitter......well, he is 2-1 ahead in quitting vs VK, a fine record.

The irony, a so called "mentally weak" lol, Tyson even completely washed up took his beatings and never quit , ok, for the nay sayers he said F it against Williams /McBride.....the flush right hands he took from Lemmie would put Sonny in the morgue. lol, yeah he almost was by a cream puff journeyman by one fugging punch.....a shot to shid Bowe never quit.....WK despite his mediocre chin short comings never quit while trying to continue......and the list goes on...Sonny Liston was as soft between the ears as they come and the older he got his already weak self esteem and confidence progressively eroded.

8. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    If anyone's "soft between the ears" its the poster who typed the above.

9. sauhund II

Nov 8, 2008
    24518 posts-233 posts a month- 8 post a day- live much ?

10. MrPR

MrPR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2009
    No that would be Tyson .

Lets not confuse Mike for Sonny .

Tyson was the bully that folded when people refused to be intimidated and stood up to him .

Anybody that stood up to Liston in his career got completely slaughtered and knocked out .

You don't take the fight to Sonny Liston , that's suicide .

That's not how you beat Sonny .

Fight from the outside and keep your distance and attempt to outpoint him .

That's your best chance of beating Sonny .

Even then you still not out of the woods .

Sonny was very technical and can very well box with the best of em .

He had no problems going rnd after rnd outboxing his opponent .

No , theres no chance in hell Liston would be intimidated by Vitali .

That man was completely emotionless whenever it was time to go to war .

11. sauhund II

Nov 8, 2008
    Put the pipe down.... a green Clay bullied Liston into quitting in and out side of the ring.....Clay literally stalked him and Sonny closed the curtains....fact not fiction. He knew how soft Sonny really was and attacked accordingly in and out side of the ring....for a noob like you its called mid games and your pal Sonny fell for it like the sucker he was.

12. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    I'll bet you £5000 I lead a fuller life than you Sauerkraut, last week I went to see," A View From The Bridge," the hottest show in London, dined in an Italian restaurant after ,went to listen to Simon Spillet one of the best tenor Sax players in the UK played cards in a pub the following day, a movie two days later followed by supper at a French restaurant, followed by a party for one of my son in-laws . Out for a musical day tomorrow accompanied by wine ,a real ale festival Saturday.Jazz again Sunday Oh and I was in Venice with my partner and friends a couple of weeks ago,celebrating her birthday in Harry's Bar drinking Bellinis.
    Because I'm very comfortable financially and hence retired doesn't mean I don't have a full social life Mr Numpty.

Boy did you pick on the wrong fella. Silly B*ll*cks!

Get yourself life instead of spouting garbage on here. :good

13. sauhund II

Nov 8, 2008
    The question is, how white are your teeth ?

14. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Average as they are unassisted by veneers and I still have them all.
    Q How brown is your tongue?

15. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    You need to pack it in with these weird personal attacks on people who disagree with you, it's not really fair.