Sounds like Joshua v Pulev is OFF

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Tommy.™, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    If your theory is right and this is a con job what would the goal of it be ?? Not seeing it myself tbh.

2. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    What I don't understand is how Takam can be ranked number 2 with the IBF by simply fighting two guys outside the top 100 after his loss to Parker.

I'd be interested to know how much Takam is on for this fight- does he still get the same money as a stand in?

moog likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    He ought to get the mandatory contender purse split, in a fair world, but I doubt it works like that.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I don't think Takam is any worse than Pulev.
    I didn't expect Pulev to do much against AJ.

This replacement scenario actually suits Hearn and AJ. Because if Takam is dispatched quickly in a pathetic mismatch they can fall back on "Well, Takam was only no.3, we tried to get the no.1 but he pulled out." ..... and if it happens that Takam gives AJ hell they can fall back on "We trained for a completely different style."

Plaza likes this.
  5. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    It always comes back to supply and demand. People are still going to buy Joshua vs Takam in their droves and enjoy the likely KO, so Hearn puts it on.

But don't worry. Hearn will be getting lots of boos as usual.

6. Jackfazz

Jackfazz New Member Full Member

May 23, 2016
    Something definitely doesn't add up. If like hearn says that he had back up but had no idea that pulvez was injured. I'd like to see proof of him having back ups to his other PPV arena sell out fights.

7. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    That's one thing which will bring a smile to my face,Cardiff dont let us down.70,000 plus the 90 at Wembley,Hearn at least will be shut up quickly,when he gets booed,he likes to finish the interview as quick as possible,gives us a chance to listen to less of his bull.

8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Only the other week Eddie was spouting the AJ v Parker fight is not big as Parker not in great form. Well he beat Takem so what does that make this ? Tell you what not £19.95 ppv. Least undercard is better that competition but with such a main event should be stronger.

Jackfazz likes this.
  9. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Another thing if Takem was on stand by and he needed a fringe world class + fighter for Whyte why didn't he make him v Takem ?

Jackfazz likes this.
  10. carlingeight

May 15, 2016
    To be honest I don't mind Hearn as much as others, but the one thing I dislike most is how he doesn't give fans enough credit. That goes for casual fans right through to the hardcore.

For example looking at how the Stubhub logo is splashed across his promotions. It's like he doesn't think fans are clever enough to see this logo, visit Stubhub's website, see just how much the prices are there to fleece and con them, and then question why Hearn is endorsing them like he does.

Another prime is example is people wondering why they are watching adverts in between rounds while the £20 transaction fees are flying out of their bank accounts.

You can tell when the subject of booing comes up that he doesn't imagine the likes of the 90,000 fans at Wembley are booing him because they've joined up these dots. Well, they're not doing it just because of his smug face (ok, maybe some of them).

11. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I admit he's star attraction but it just sold out in fact they were selling extra tickets only days ago, so I think if they announced Takem instead of 'a top 3 world heavyweight' there would have been less ppv buys and a few empty seats. How can Pulev say I can't be fit for then, then suddenly he is fit to fight on same date and Takem is supposedly in full training for fight ? How many pppvs have reserve opponent in full training in case named opponent pulls out when they claim they have no reason to think the named opponent will get injured ? I will tell you why as they always know Pulev was a major doubt, after all he told them before the fight was announced I don't think I can get fit in time.

12. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    yet plenty of idiots still pay so nothing will change.

13. carlingeight

May 15, 2016
    But are they idiots if they have a great time?

I haven't bought most recent PPVs out of principle. I'm lucky I can always watch them in the pub, at a friends or whatever, but you don't want to be in a situation where you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

14. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Imagine it from a boxer's point of view,they must adore and love Hearn.He puts you on Sky Box Office,if he thinks you can deliver,irrespective of what the fans think.It's two sides of the coin really,if you are a fan,you despise Hearn,Boxer,you love Hearn.

15. Jackfazz

Jackfazz New Member Full Member

May 23, 2016
    Your spot on what your saying regardless of what i think of him as a fan of boxing, I know 100% if I was a boxer I would love hearn as he really does deliver when it comes to putting money in his fighters pockets