Sparring 2...Comment please

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by DeadlyOverhand, Feb 21, 2011.

1. MancMexican

MancMexican Blood & Guts Forever Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    That boxing fans/those who box would go out of their way to be disrespectful and rude to a kid brave enough to put a sparring video of himself online says a hell of a lot about themselves. You can offer criticism and advice without being ****s at the same time you pathetic ****ing chumps.

2. was a joke ;)

3. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm not even knocking his skills and I applaud him for putting it up. But if he wants serious advice from people seriously into boxing, he should take it serious himself and post actual sparring in a gym with an actual boxer. For a self taught person he's not bad at all but this simply isn't boxing.

4. Little_Mac

Little_Mac Active Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    Bend at your knees when bobbing, not at your waist. Do your lower back a favor.

It should be like your doing a squat, keep your upper body upright.

5. AndrewFFC

AndrewFFC Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Whoever is the white boy needs to learn proper punch technique, he throws arm punches. He also went for an uppercut which was all wrong.

6. DeadlyOverhand

DeadlyOverhand Active Member Full Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanx for moving my sparring video a had no idea that it wasn't allowed in the Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing. I didn't have enough to go to the gym for a while, so i decided to train home...
    :good

7. ringsider

ringsider Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2009
    He is still the fat guy......:huh.....must not be working too hard in the gym.

Working too hard on lunchtime.....

8. johnnykoolkid

johnnykoolkid Well-Known Member Full Member

May 25, 2010
    lolz, suprisingly, alot of people have said that to me before they actually spare me, then they're tone seems to change afterwards

9. johnnykoolkid

May 25, 2010
    oh, well I (the tall guy in the blue shorts) train at a gym, and compete, so thats what i was trying to throw out there, i take boxing very seriously, so for you to say that that has nothing to do with boxing, made what you said seem disrespectful, but now i see what you're saying, no harm done though, just a misunderstanding

10. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Not bad. Good footwork and pretty good upper body movement. Like how you counter his jab a couple of times.

You need to improve your guard most of all. You also move backwards to much, don't really have the defense for it. Use the jab more, more fluent punching and combinations.

But overall, you look pretty solid, not much flailing about. Good work!

11. johnnykoolkid

May 25, 2010
    i know, i put my body and turn my hips in to alot of punches, but sometimes i dont, especially in there, i was working on acticity more than anything, and i know exactly which uppercut you're talking about, the right one that i threw, i tried sitting on it and yea, i guess i didn't work out the way i planned it too, hahaa

12. DeadlyOverhand

DeadlyOverhand Active Member Full Member

Dec 14, 2010
    DickFace:tong

13. JuiceFX

JuiceFX cant stop..wont stop... Full Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Well thats cool man, I am sure they dont know what theyre doing either. My bad for coming off as a dic*, but from what i can see you guys both seem like you need a lot of work thats all.

If what one of you said earlier is true and you have only been doing this for around 9 months, you need to pick up the pace in training. People who have been doing it for that long with decent training would at least know the basics. But seriously, keep up the hard work at the gym, it'll pay off. :good

14. johnnykoolkid

May 25, 2010
    i'm the white guy in the blue shorts, and no i've had longer than 9 moths of training, at a couple different gyms

15. johnnykoolkid

May 25, 2010
    but thanks though bro, no harm done :good