Sparring is the most important aspect of training

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by pichuchu, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

Nope, he was in jail and trained over there and came out, went for an amateur fight, won and then went for his pro license immediately after

2. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I didn't think what I said was so difficult to understand. It's ok, when you grow up you'll get it.

Oh the irony.

3. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

Funny ****

4. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    That wasn't meant to be funny....

U mad bro? :rofl Chill, keyboard warrior. So much anger for no good reason.

5. Antsu

Antsu Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Why didnt he spar after he get his pro license? :blood

6. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

he got a jaw injury, he broke it while sparring with a russian kid he didnt actually know the meaning of 'sparring' and has 1 year out

7. How do you know what youre training for if you dont spar. Do you just turn up at the bout and wing it? We all see guys who can land Lightning quick flurries on the bags yet fall over themselves when fighting.

8. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

very true, obviously not everyones the same. imagine being able to have lightning quick punches on the bag and then able to use them whilst sparring?

9. Well try to imagine sparring as a tool to learn applying them on an aggressive target that moves, thinks, plans against you aswell as hit back. Sparring is closer to boxing than hitting air and posters complaining about damage, find more sensible technicians.

10. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

once again i completely agree, most people 'complain' because they dont have good sparring partners. If you spar with people you have no technique can be risky and bad injuries do happen, thats were the fear comes in. Sparring is much harder than bag,rope and shadow put together

11. RightHooker

RightHooker Active Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Sparring #1 as far as I'm concerned. My bag work/shadow boxing/pads/roardwork has stayed pretty well consistent over the years. The level of my sparring (sparring partners) has gone up and down. When I am getting good sparring, I do good in my fights. When I'm not I don't.

You can only get so far trying out stuff on the bags or in shadow boxing where there is nothing coming back at you and the bag moves in a predictable way. Have to be in there working with a live opponent, ideally one that is better than the opponents you will be facing in fights. Get used to being in there with someone who is faster/stronger/better skilled then your opponent then the fight should be easy.

If you're not getting enough, or good enough sparring everything fight is going to be harder.

12. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

Dont hate, Floyd Mayweather "We all train the same, its how we perform in the ring that changes" which i think is true

13. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    He doesn't spar, and now he has a broken jaw from sparring? Weird...

do you think perhaps if he had sparred more frequently he might not have being so badly injured and had a better shot at defending himself?

14. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

lemme put it in a timeline
    Jail
    Came out
    Fought 1 fight
    Went for pro
    After getting pro he sparred alot for his first pro fight
    Got a broken jaw
    1 Year without fighting

Edit: ye if he did it more often it would be better, but if he wanted to turn pro quick and get his first pro fight since hes only 24

15. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
    No disrespect to YOU, but he sounds like a ****ing ******. Aren't there any real coaches out your way?