Speaking os shot, when the hell is Hopkins goin'?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Shake, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    I hope he fights Calzaghe as a send-off before leaving us completely, although he's done enough. A champion as I like to see them -- not switching weight divisions or trying to capture one alphabet title after another claiming to be a four-division champ, just staying where you are, fighting the good fights.

Shifting weightclasses needlessly is something that's become too common for my tastes.

Respect to Hopkins for lasting as long as he has. :happy

2. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    It's amazing that he's still going strong at 42....he could be this generation's Archie Moore

3. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Can you believe that every one of Joe Calzaghe's pro fights has been at SMW? Staggering in the modern times - 43 fights at one weight at the top level for 10 years. I can't think of anyone else who's done that in modern times. It's all the more remarkable when you consider that when he was an amateur he won three consecutive British ABA titles going up three different weights each year.

4. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    i think he is going to start to decline.

5. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    guys like kostya tszyu, bernard hopkins (up until now) and calzaghe keep fit even when they are not fighting, they dont blow up in between fights.

6. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Hop will be shot when is damn well good and ready...

The man is a freak of nature. If he beats Winky and then one more superstar...I dont even know where to begin.

7. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Yes, I agree - that's the key to longevity. We've all seen what happens to Hatton when he overdoes it.