Speculation Thread : How would the KO Doctor do at heavyweight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Lets say Dorticos beats Briedis this weekend.
    Dorticos since 2019 has talked about moving to heavy weight. How would Dorticos do at heavyweight ? Against Ruiz , Usyk , Wilder . 2 fights that interest Dorticos at heavy are Usyk and Wilder. He has said that a move to heavy weight is likely after this tournament . so how would the KO doctor do against Usyk and Wilder at heavy ? How would he do amongst the other heavyweights. Parker , Ortiz, Ruiz , Joshua etc. Any of the top 15

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fightful.com/mma/yunier-dorticos-planning-eventual-move-heavyweight-calls-out-deontay-wilder?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/3kingsboxing.com/dorticos-will-go-heavyweight-for-usyk/amp/

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  2. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    if Gassiev has fully recovered from injury then he’s gonna slowly brutalise Dorticos mid/late for a KO..At heavy, I don’t think he makes waves

Dance84 likes this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  4. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Like vs Murat.

Dance84 likes this.
  5. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Will avoid rematch with Briedis, fight with Glowacki in CW. Will claim how cleaned division.
    Briedis most likely regardless will win or no, difficult to tell, looks that his team cares only about paychecks and he too. Next paychecks still they both might get with 6 digits.
    If landed properly, Glowacki and Briedis doesn't punch less hard than prime Povetkin. Murat just was not enough experienced, most likely now he is more precise and more experienced too.

Dance84 likes this.
  6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He'd probably end up on Povetkin and Hunter's level. Which is very respectable I might add, both are arguably top five heavyweights right now.

Personally though, the only three fights I have interest in seeing him in at heavyweight are: Usyk & Wilder. The Usyk fight interests me because Dorticos is the only real elite who Usyk didn't beat at CW. Seeing that final fight would mean that as a fan, you could say that Usyk cleaned up the division, and beat three of the four best of his era, with him being the other one. And watching him iron out Bootleg D would be alright too, I guess.

Dance84 likes this.
  7. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Nobody moving up can match Wilder`s power and reach, Usyk has the skill to get in and out on Wilder, no other cruiser is as skilled as Usyk.

8. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    If clinch, nope, if in good condition, prime Huck or Briedis are lewel above both, Usyk and Wilder. It is hard to admit, because Usyk had cleaned and beated etc. Yes, because he was in top shape, did not allowed nor for Murat, nor Briedis or Glowacki to clinch him.
    Damn hypocryte attitude: guys like White and Wilder deserves remathces etc before might be considered cleaned, defeated etc.
    Usyk, yeah, with eddie had cleaned everyone without doubt with 1 single fight.
    Really hypocryte world: pro boxing " cleaning ".
    About fight Dorticos vs Usyk I might pick up Usyk, he defeated Murat considerably more impressive than he had defeated Briedis. Murat not only floored Dorticos and made him into puppet, but also delivered Dorticos out of the ring. Briedis haters might die in fourms and type till end of their life but Usyk won fight vs Briedis with 20 jabs difference, not more.
    Most watchable fights from WBSS: Usyk vs Murat, Usyk vs Briedis and Murat vs Dorticos.

9. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    He's not that big and extremely one dimensional (only ever see him throw a one two again and again. That's why Gassiev found him so easy to outbox.). Good chin but that's good for cruiserweights. He gets sparked by any of the top 10.