Spence deserves more credit!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by alexthegreatmc, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Yep! Setting the stage for the excuses.

alexthegreatmc likes this.
  2. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    As opposed to what...people like you who stalk every GGG thread spouting your usual boring dull speal.

As for Spence his best win to date is Chris Algeri. Spence himself is an excellent talent but he IS unproven, the Brook fight will show us where he stands.

As for the young, gifted and black shyte....boo ****ing hoo.

3. The Shockmaster

The Shockmaster SOG has 4 children...he pulls out of nothing banned Full Member

Apr 19, 2014
    i agree...spence is untested......and this will show us where hes at

everything else you typed is garbage.....what i spout is real truth....is boring and dull to you because you dont have anything you can show me to prove me wrong....you cant refute anything i say with sound logic....and im glad you admitted that you have a biased against young, talented, black fighters...its the first step in recovery and self healing

4. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    At least you admit that at this very moment Spence is still a hype job.

As for the alleged racism you need to try harder Van Winkle.

5. The Shockmaster

The Shockmaster SOG has 4 children...he pulls out of nothing banned Full Member

Apr 19, 2014
    i dont need to try...there is no effort...the proof is here on a daily basis

and of course i admit spence is largely untested.....because im not emotionally invested in spence and im a boxing fan who just sees it for what it is......this is a big test for spence...his first big one......then again...when i look at brook ive only seen one good test for him and hes a few years older with quite a few more pro fights under his belt.......the ggg fight doesnt even register for me ...only as a farce....so really a 30 year old brook with 30 plus pro fights has one real test IMO

6. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    I don't think you understand the definition of the term hypejob

Staminakills likes this.
  7. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Yea I think Spence is a tad over hyped because the Algieri fight, his power is overrated.

8. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    I think you'll find I do.

Any fighter who is lauded as the best in their respective division and also on people's P4P lists whilst their best wins are Bundu and Algeri can and should be classed as a hype job until proved otherwise.

Spence is good but he is still unproven.

9. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Little over hyped but I wouldn't call him a hype job. You'll have people that over do it, obviously, but overall I don't believe that warrants the "hypejob" title.

Staminakills and KiwiMan like this.
  10. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Fair point.

Over hyped is probably a better suited way of putting it.

Spence from what I've seen he looks the real deal. Must admit I'm ready for busting for the Brook/Spence fight and may the best man win.

alexthegreatmc likes this.
  11. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Agreed.

I know what OB means, but hypejob usually implies that the fighter is a fraud / no good, whereas what OB is saying is that Spence is unproven.

Staminakills and alexthegreatmc like this.
  12. Chutz

Chutz Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Come on, that's rubbish. Like every other fighter that has ever lived Spence will be questioned. Race has nothing to do with it for the vast majority of people. You seem to focus far to much on a select few that post on here.
    You also conveniently always miss out the people on here that favour other fighters for similar reasons. Fair is fair

13. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Spence don't deserve credit for turning up, if he wins, he deserves all the credit Brook would have got and if he loses he will probably get a bit of stick but that's fair too because of the hype around him and the game he talks.

I have a feeling this is a no win situation for Spence and win win for Brook.

There's already people saying Brook wins easily unless he's drained so a loss just means Brook is the new 154 king lol

14. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I don't know what's happening, first MVC is talking without pbf ding dong stuck up there, good job MVC:smile:
    And what on earth everybody is taking about, spence got plenty of credit for taking this fight and so does Brook. Only certain posters obsessing about his areola part doesn't equal no credit from others.

15. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Spence does deserve credit for this fight under the terms that he's taking it. Just like Brook got credit for coming to the states and fighting Porter. The way fighters duck and dodge and ask for special treatment now days, it's refreshing to see one who simply wants to fight and doesn't quibble about where the contest is held. That belt has been away from home too long anyway. Spence is bringing it back.

alexthegreatmc and Staminakills like this.