Spence Jr. wants Crawford’s belt, says he can make weight – eye is good

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Bofo24, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Bofo24

Bofo24 hobbyist Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Spence Jr. wants Crawford’s belt, says he can make weight – eye is good
    *****.net/2022/03/13/errol-spence-jr-crawford-weight-eye/

World Boxing News
    March 13th, 2022

@errolspencejr
    Welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. revealed his plan to take on American rival Terence Crawford after battling Yordenis Ugas on April 16th.

Spence wants to take the WBA belt from Ugas before lining up Crawford for the WBO strap.
    Discussing his blueprint to win all the belts at 147, Spence Jr. said: “At the end of the day, I want to be the undisputed welterweight champion of the world.

“This is another step toward that goal. I’ve been the shot caller. I’m the big fish at 147,” about going after Crawford once Ugas is out of the way.

Ironically, his next opponent took his place and defeated boxing legend Manny Pacquiao. Spence missed out on the fight due to a severe eye injury.

Revealing his eye condition during training camp, Spence Jr. says it’s all back to one hundred percent.
    “My eye has been good. Sparring has been great. I’ve been looking good,” he pointed out.

“I’ve taken some hits. My eye feels great. I haven’t been in the ring in a year and a half. But I’ve been focused and in the gym training every day.

“I feel very sharp right now. In my last couple of fights, I could only train for about two months.
    “But I’ve been in the gym for the last six months getting ready for this.

“I started my career on SHOWTIME. I had my pro debut and won my first world title on SHOWTIME. This is a reunion of sorts. I’m excited to be back.”

“The Truth” also aired his honesty about making the weight. Spence stated boiling down to the welterweight limit has been tough the last few fights.

But after some tweaks, Spence Jr. will be gunning to get the knockout against Ugas for his home fans in Texas.
    “I’ve been feeling strong. The nutritionist I added for this camp has been the missing ingredient,” explained the WBC and IBF ruler.

“I was struggling to make weight. I think that’s the reason that I haven’t gotten a stoppage in my last few fights.
    “This is the first camp in a while that I haven’t put the sauna suit on. It’s been a breath of fresh air. I’m really having fun in this training camp.

“It feels good to be back. It’s a blessing to be in this position.

“Most people take life for granted until they’re given a second chance. I’ve been given a second chance in life and a third chance in boxing,” concluded the pound-for-pound star when referencing his life-threatening car crash in 2019.

pacas and Caliboxing like this.
  2. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Yea yea yea.. Kinda tired of hearing about him and Crawford until the fight is actually signed..

chacal, vast, Lesion of Doom and 2 others like this.
  3. rodxd

rodxd By Popular Demand banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2021
    How is he still making 147, he fought 152 his amateur career and hes been pro 10 years now

Toney F*** U likes this.
  4. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    He's a weight bully.

MagicE, vast and Quina74 like this.
  5. rodxd

Apr 4, 2021
    nothing wrong with weight bullying grow up

6. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Quack. That's all I'm hearing.

MagicE, Wizbit1013 and pacas like this.
  7. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I rate Crawford as much as the next boxing fan, but what exactly is Spence meant to be so scared of?
    Crawford has displayed his weaknesses in previous fights - as has Spence...

He went life and death with Porter until the stoppage and was down on the scorecards. He also got dropped by Kavaliauskas.
    How the hell is Crawford some sort of 'boogeyman' to another top-level fighter like Spence?

Olu G. Rotimi and Bofo24 like this.
  8. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    Ok. So don't cry when Beterbiev punches Canelo's face in then.....deal?

9. rodxd

Apr 4, 2021
    Canelo will shatter his glass jaw.. *THE* callum johnson seriously hurt him

10. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Life and death with Porter? Please

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Scared of losing

12. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I get the sense they both say stuff like this to make it look like the other one is ducking, when in reality neither of them is willing to make the fight for financial reasons.

13. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    Yep, he *seriously* hurt Beterbiev.

Go rewatch that round 1000 times and tell me how badly he was hurt

His glove touches the canvas

He wobbled a little, his head cleared and he finished the round strong.

Just wait to see what Beterbiev does to Canelo if they ever fight. It will be brutal.

14. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    And this is the sad and shamefull truth of modern boxing.

15. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Definite weight bully. Fights at middleweight on fight night. Has to wear a 'sauna suit' to make weight. What a joke fighters are today.