Spence Threw 1083 Punches At A Lightweight And Couldn't Even Get A KD???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    It took Spence 3 rounds and over 100 flush gyno bombs to get Phil Lo Greco out of there, a Lo Greco who literally took the fight on 2 days notice and was in the worst shape of his life, whereas blown up 130 pounder Amir Khan absolutely annihilated Lo Greco in under 39 seconds, a Lo Greco who'd had a full camp, was in the best shape of his life (as evidenced by the all the videos he kept posting on his social media all throughout camp chronicling how well everything was going), had sparred over 150 rounds against top 10 ranked fighters, and had enlisted the services of Fernando Vargas to be his main trainer.

And that was a Khan who had been out 2 years and was coming off a brutal HL reel KO loss after eating a savage apocalyptic tainted meat Clenbuterol bomb from 190lb Clenelo.

This content is protected

Even Lo Greco said that blown up 135 pounder Khan hits harder than Spence

The Truth is Errol is a featherfist

2. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    This is pretty common when a fighter doesn't try and win and comes in to not get KO'd. Mikey was being defensive all night and looking to go the distance. There are many occasions where this has happened.

mark ant likes this.
  3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Spence contolled the fight with the jab and then started walking Garcia down near the end it should have been stopped, at times Mikey was in big trouble he even grimaced when one big body shot hit him. He would have been stopped in a 15 rounder.

4. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    No way could Khan stop Garcia and no way could Khan take the punches Garcia took. Spence is way out of Khan`s league.

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Spence would not even have come close to knocking Duran out, he doesn`t have Tommy`s one punch power.

blackbolt396 likes this.
  6. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    P4P Fury has a better defense than Garcia.

7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Thurman was hurt badly in his last fight.

8. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    One factor to take into account is that Mikey didn't have to deplete himself to make weight which in turn enables you to take shots better, don't get me wrong I still expected a stoppage but I think this could have been a factor.

DonnyMo likes this.
  9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    That is precisely, factually, and semantically incorrect

10. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    So it's to be expected that smaller fighters coming up should be more durable than the bigger guys?

It's simple, spence punches hard, but not that hard, and mikey has superb defense, he blocked alot, head and body. Not sure what people are wondering about. Spence couldnt really penetrate garcia's defense. And im guessing outside of a single shot that wobbles to start an onslaught. Spence will have a hard time stopping top lvl guys. People should expect more boxing performances from spence going forward.

bandeedo likes this.
  11. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Nope, I said I expected Spence to get the stoppage but it has to be some sort of factor. Not killing yourself to make weight does help with punch resistance. People have just got Spence wrong imo, he's never been a one punch KO artist, his stoppages at a higher level will come from accumulation imo, like the Brook, Peterson and the Van Heerden fights.

12. BAWA1980

BAWA1980 Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Jeez. Garcia took a Homer Simpson style beating, the same beating that broke Kell Brooks other eye socket. All it showed is how hard Garcia is, no way says that Spence isn't holding power because he clearly is.
    Also showed that Spence was able to out skill and speed a smaller opponent, in the same way Loma schooled Rigo.
    Either of the guys blasting out the smaller opponent, gets ripped apart on here, instead, they use their superior skill, and still people whinge on here.

bandeedo likes this.
  13. KO Artist

KO Artist Do not attempt to adjust your TV Full Member

Aug 29, 2018
    I'd comment about how I thought Spence purposefully didn't knock him out to show he could outbox him........that's what I was gonna do.......but I'm far too disturbed by your avatar picture

mark ant likes this.
  14. ARMAGEDDON

ARMAGEDDON Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Lol I hope all the idiots saying Spence is overrated now are on team Thurman porter Garcia etc maybe if they have yalls confidence they will step in the ****ing ring now then which I believe was Spence's plan all along yall the same stupid people that said pacman carried people to entice floyd to fight him ever think if Spence slept Garcia in 2 rounds none of yalls other **** boys INCLUDING PACMAN WOULD DARE COME CLOSE TO HIM IDIOTS

15. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    And as if by magic.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26297911/spence-too-much-handle-garcia-shows-big-heart

So no-one really lost and each man can go on to earn shedloads of cash.

I mean pursue boxing glory.