Spike vs Lemieux possible for Canelo/Golovkin undercard

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Draperys, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Hatesrats

Hatesrats "I'm NOT Suprised..." Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Good fight... (IF Lemieux can make 160lbs)

DL can't beat this guy tho then it's time to hang them up.

2. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006

Lemieux should be able to make 160, he always carries fat around his belly, and he isn't particularly big.

3. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I disagree with this post.

Spike O' Sullivan and every boxer for that matter should fight as many big names, and as many top fighters as they can. I'm tired of fans justifying their favorite fighters avoiding big challenged because of "potential paydays".

I give O' Sullivan big props for wanting to fight the top MWs.

4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    You don't see a dropoff between a Golovkin/Canelo and even a Jacobs/BJS2.0 type payday and...David Lemieux?

Ok.

5. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Sometimes you have to take what you are given. He probably thinks he can beat Lemieux and sees it as a good opportunity to really cement his position.

6. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I'd have to agree with that. Great fight though.

7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Yeah ok, Spike hasn't ever even beat a top 10 MW. So while he may have been considered as a warm up/tune up/stay busy fighter for the top MWs, he was never in a real position to expect to be a real challenger.

Based on ABC rules, Charlo, and Andrade are more deserving.

8. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    We're having two different conversations, and the one you're having is really unimportant here. I'm talking FROM SPIKE'S PERSPECTIVE (very first thing I said in the first post of mine you quoted, which you stated you "disagreed with") - and from his perspective he went from being in a position where he was, rightly or wrongly, temporarily elevated to a "name value" station beyond what he might ordinarily deserve on merit, where he stood a very good chance of landing a disproportionately big payday with a GGG/Canelo/Jacobs/BJS2.0 ...and now he is settling for mere (close enough to) equally high risk but much lower reward Lemieux.

So what do you say, about 5 more times explaining this before you grasp the concept of what I'm saying? Just hoping to plan out my weekend