St. Pierre vs. Koscheck

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by BewareofDawg, Jul 20, 2007.

1. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    I need some expert analysis and predictions.

I don't see how Kos can win this fight and predict a second round submission victory for St. Pierre, if he doesn't KO him standing.

2. bigG

bigG Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2006
    gsp should handle koschek, that said, josh is an extremely proficient wrestler.....i just dont think he has the sheer athleticism to beat gsp.....i can actually see this being an extremely technichal fight that only real mma fans will appreciate....

3. Olz15

Olz15 **** Mohak Full Member

Nov 13, 2005
    GSP, i think after a few big exhanges, gsp puts Kos on his back and punds him out

4. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    If Kos sticks with his game, and doesn't get thrown by big fight jitters, I think he takes it, either by decsision or late stopage.

5. Koa

Koa Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Kos may be the better wrestler, I'd be willing to bet GSP is better at the sub game though. I also think that if Koschek tries throwing Haymakers he will be countered. He throws them extremely wide, pretty fast but should be pretty easy to counter punch him.

6. Beebs

Feb 21, 2007
    When was the last time Matt Serra stopped anybody of note? Until GSP...never.

7. Beebs

Feb 21, 2007
    It's just as ridiculous as thinking that Koshcheck can't stop anybody.

8. Olz15

Nov 13, 2005
    so Kos can land a lucky big shot like serra is all your saying?

9. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gsp handled Hughes and Sherk easily so I don't think Kos should give him too much trouble, but Kos is tough to beat so it's no gimmee

10. Beebs

Feb 21, 2007
    I'm saying I think he can take him down and eventually get to mount and pound him out.

11. bobnweeve

bobnweeve New Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2006
    whoa by you saying it was a fluke is kind of crazy. now im a HUGE gsp fan and i think more of him and matt serra to say he lost his belt due to a fluke even if he didnt say it was a fluke. he didnt get hit with 1 haymaker or a punch he didnt see coming he was tentative b/c matt is a bjj black belt givin to him by the gracies he was one of the first americans to get one so gsp wanted none of him on the ground. now do you think he wants any of josh on the ground a 3 time national champ? now if he stays circling throwing leg kicks and punch combos then he will dominate like he did against matt hughes. but if you think josh has no chance then your wrong. oh yea you cant compare josh to matt as matt has WAAAAY more experience than josh so the bright lights were nothing to him.

12. bobnweeve

Sep 14, 2006
    fisrt off id like you to name 1 fighter with better bjj than serra that gsp has submitted, not a few but 1. and i mean black belt givin to him by a reputable bjj cahmpion. (ill wait on that one)

second i never said bjj and wrestleing of any sort are the same. my only comparison is to the fact that one is a black belt and 1 is a national champ. both have reached about the highest level of succes they can @ their respected dicipline, am i wrong? no, so that comparison stands true.

you can also make the same conclusion as to why he wouldnt want to hit the ground with kos. hell he's a 3 time champ. he didnt want to hit the ground with serra, hell look who gave him his belt a legend. now tell me where my comparing the two was so wrong you had to stress it twice?

if i dont wanna stand up with a mui tai fighter and i dont wanna stand up with a boxer then hell i just dont wanna stand with either, not saying there the same.

oh yea while your quoting me quote the part where is say this "YOU CANT COMPARE JOSH TO MATT".

PS. ill be wating for your list of black belts he submitted. hell check sherdog and tell me 2 who are better than serra that he just beat not even submitted. then tell me how many d-1, two or three time national champs hes beat. and i like rush as a fighter but im realisic. hes no where near as good on the ground as either kos or serra, and their credentials prove it. now all around gsp by far and do i think if gsp and the terra fought 4 more time gsp would win all 4 , yes.

13. bobnweeve

Sep 14, 2006
    You say he didn't want any of Serra on the ground yet I give you names of guys just as good or better on the ground than Serra that GSP handled. Also, what does Koshceck being a wrestling champ have to do with ground skills? BJJ and wrestling are NOTHING alike, GSP has handled just as good wrestlers as Kos(or nearly as good) before, there is no reason for him to fear the ground, especially being as all Kos does is lay n pray.

that was your statement right there. so im waiting. if there better than they "must be at least purple belts. and if there better than josh then they must have at least won 2 national titles at a division 1 school.

now can you tell me where i said he didnt want to take hughes to the ground. the matt were all talking about is serra right?

14. bobnweeve

Sep 14, 2006
    oh yea , how small was bj. and thats just a take down. bjj pull guard so a take down aint **** if your guard is tight. bj would rather be on his back so your comparison makes no sense here. and i mean no offense

15. Olz15

Nov 13, 2005
    he took the fight to the ground against BJ, there is your excellent ground fighter