Step up to the plate Amir...????

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Taffyy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Why? Who is he fighting?

2. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    It is not stupid, this sport is very dangerous, young fighters should not be thrown into the ring against potentially dangerous veterans, it is very good sense IMO.

3. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    why does everyone think khan is some kind of superman?? he is also a domestic level fighter.

4. bigG

bigG Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2006

i dont dispute that..its just that jon thaxton seems to be perceived as some tysonesque dragon slayer, and, as i commented, although i am a fan..he has had his day in the sun...and he got burnt...

5. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    :good love that great story

6. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Aye right pal, he was one punch away from being KTFO from Willie Limond. Very special my arse. Take the rose tinted glasses off before they give you a headache. The kids one of the biggest hype jobs going

7. Shev

Shev Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I don't understand all the hating on Amir Khan't take a punch. Seriously, I heard that he was eating to many jaw breakers before the fight and his jaw was sore. He wasn't even out on his feet, he was sliding across the ropes because his back was itchy and he couldn't scratch it with his glove.

Did you think he actually went down, hahaha wrong again, Khan was simply trying to tie his laces and Limond pushed him over. Amir Tomatoe Khan wasn't confused when he took a knee during the count. You can obviously see Frank Warren wasn't worried and was giving him advise by saying take a knee not **** me.

8. Taffyy

Taffyy Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Khan is obviously slick & skilled but is very overhyped...............He showed bollocks against Limond granted but he also showed some BIG flaws..........Maybe a few yrs with an A level coach across the water could iron some of these frailties out but I still think he's very overated.......

9. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    He's fighting Scott Lawton in October. Scott will give him some problems with the rangy jab, but Amir will eventually get to him. Scott has a distinct lack of power doesnt he...

10. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    yeah, just saw the article on britishboxing . net...

http://www.britishboxing.net/news_2576-Lawton-next-for-Khan.html

initially i saw this as a step down from limond, but i guess they are on a similiar level really. limond is probably more skillful, but at least we'll get to see khan in with a full lightweight who he has no height/reach advantage over, and who gave thaxton a decent fight.

khan really needs to use this fight to show he's learned from the limond kd. if he gets through it and isn't troubled at all by lawton, whilst winning impressively, only then will he be ready to be moved on.

11. WelshDevilRob

WelshDevilRob Active Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Khan has the speed and the skills but he hasn't got the chin. If Khan does win a World title and defend it a few times it will be more down to Frank Warrens skills at protecting a fighter rather than Khan being genuine.
    A pity as Khan looked to have something special but you can't build muscles on a chin and at World Championship level Khan is going to get tagged.

12. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    i see jon thaxton is lined up to fight 6ft lightweight Dave Stewart in october...he's 20-1 (5 ko's) although the record looks somewhat inflated.

13. faisal

faisal Hoolios daddy Full Member

Feb 24, 2007
    any one want to make a prediction for lawton-khan, i reckon khan does him in 5