Steve Bunce Breaks Down DAVID HAYE vs TONY BELLEW. Is he right?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Joshua Rubinstein, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Again no facts. He didn't get him out in one did he. Groves nearly had froch out in 1. Froch got a bad chin then aswell??

Bellew been stopped once in 30 fights I believe wouldn't call that a weak chin

2. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I dont think TB has a weak chin as such...but he was stopped by Stevenson and Haye will hit harder than Adonis.
    1. Makubu put Bellew down but he hardly looked hurt his feet were square it was a decent counter up he got an continued to fight. Brudov did wobble Toney though. So 30 fights ish stopped once, visably hurt once or twice hes hardly put down once or twice but has been able to get the win except vs one world calss fighter. He's hardley packing glass.. But if Haye is fit and well he is one the biggest punchers at cruiser he can put full blown heavy's on there arse and KO tuff competitors like Ruiz (past his best but always durable bar Tua), Chisora etc.. Was even able to wobble Valulv if he can deliver than kind of power to Bellew the fight only goes one way.

Bensub likes this.
  3. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    He got put over by the best guy he faced at CW who I think is rubbish. If he has any other meaningful fights at 200lbs against the guys there you'll see he can't handle their power. A mixture of careful management and luck has allowed him to get where he is.

4. ExclusiveLeeds

ExclusiveLeeds New Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2017
    What you see is what you get with Bellew, for me its about what does Haye have left both in the tank and commitment wise. If Bellew can somehow get past the early stages and be competative will Haye wilt? Lets be honest he is a boxer who doesnt like a fight!

All that said I still will be surprised if Bellew makes it past round 3

5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Tony is fighting Haye for the money. Why else would he fight Haye? It accomplishes nothing as he won't stay at heavyweight, even if he wins. Both are in this for no other reason than money.

I think Tony is a little scared too. He keeos saying "the most important thing is I get home to my kids safe" and when Haye says he's going to put him in hospital, he freaks out.

Tony has pretty much said he's fulfilled his dreams by winning a world title at Goodison and nothing will ever top that - amazing achievement for a limited fighter. He's said himself that he's looking to secure his kids future now and he's obviously realised Haye is the money fight so he's created the rivalry. It's great self-promotion

Gneus7 likes this.