Steve Bunce is a clown

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Haye, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Haye

Haye Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 11, 2007
    He comes up with some blathering shite, he reckons Warren is the most powerful promoter in the world bar Don King, and he is one ass licking ***, it makes you want to puke sometimes when he goes on about Calzaghe as christ reincarnated.

I dont hate him or anything, I find his ******edness quite funny, but he is one god-awful pundit.

2. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The guy is terrible. Setanta need to get rid of him as soon as possible. Woodhall usually says something insightful but Bunce is a waste of space.

3. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    He is a gargoyle faced ****wit.

He will arse lick one fighter on TV, then slag him off from the safety of a newspaper column.
    He tried claiming he had insider knowledge that a "bad" Mormeck was going to turn up.
    After Haye won, he claimed he was a natural fighter, " unlike Lennox Lewis"! The cheek of the man!

His high pitched hysterical rantings and bad shirts alone make it hard to take him seriously.

4. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Hes a tosser.

He is extremly biased as well not subjective in the slightest..seems that way in the herald anyway

5. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I think he's ****ing great.

6. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    I have mixed feelings towards him. On the one hand, his enthusiasm is great for the game. On the other hand, he gets carried away and expands the truth a bit. I think he's in love with the personality he's trying to be.

If he bottled up that enthusiasm and chatted real boxing instead of trying to be a somebody, he'd be alright. At the moment, he works for Setanta, the BBC and writes his column in the Independent. Casual boxing fans may get the impression that he is the oracle of boxing - he needs to be cut back a bit and dropped from at least two TV stations.

7. maka

maka Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 27, 2006
    he's a tube........and i'm glad i dont pay for setanta!!!!!!!!!!

8. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Steve Bunce is a full on, bonafide wanker.......

9. Polymath

Polymath Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 29, 2007
    I wish Setanta/Sky/whatver would just show the HBO commentary (or showtime), its so much better, they actually employ boxing journalists.

10. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    I know, he interviewed calzaghe before the Kessler fight, & Joe cracked a joke. Bunce not only laughs, but starts hugging Calzaghe acting like Tony Soprano! Then in the studio he says Enzo is not just a trainer, hes more like a guru:patsch

I didnt even listen to what he had to say about haye before or after the fight, hes THAT irritating now. Hes almost a parody of himself now.

11. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    I couldn't beleive it when Richie Woodhall left the studio to get Macceranelli in. Why didn't bunce leave????? Why didn't they just get an extra seat LOL!

Bunce is really enthusiastic and generally loves boxing which is great, but you might as well put one of us lot on there. He is so bias. He made the comment about Enzo being ahead of Haye because of the Braithwaite fight, but Haye K.Od a guy who knocked Braithwaite out, he should of said infront of Macca haye is now ashead of you, make the fight at 210lbs!

Skys team have got it spot on all real students of the game and Ian Darke or his son make any fight exciting. If only they showed boxing, Setanta have gotta get there own team in for commentary!

12. bigbadbri

bigbadbri New Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Aye but your at it:wink:

13. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I think he is a total and utter *****.

He rambles on and on like some over active 6 year old who has just eaten a packet of skittles and washed it down with four red bulls.

He is a ****ing moron and he is one guy I just cannot take seriously at all. Sky have a very good team, which was even better with good old Barry Magoogan. They are professional and have a nice mix of knowledgeable pundits who offer insight and a subjective view.

Bunce really ****ing irked me when he commentated on Hatton - Castillio. He moaned and groaned like he was being tortured by the Taliban. I lost count how many times I yelled "Shut up you ****ing tosser!" at my television.

Setanta need to drop him like it's hot, drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot.........and do it quickly too.

14. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Setanta seem to live him though, why else would they have got rid of Woodhall for the Haye fight and not him???

Is he respected amongst journos?

15. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
    His column in Boxing Monthly is usually gibberish