Steve Vukosa -- 42 year old HW

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by pistal47, Aug 17, 2019.

1. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    I just saw Steve Vukosa fought and beat up and coming HW Joe Cusumano a little over a week ago. Anyone actually see the fight? Back when I was in high school this dude was a star amateur, winning the national GG in 2000. He was never a big puncher but he was a rangy fighter with good skill. I think he turned pro in 2001 and ran up a decent amount of wins before hanging the gloves up for 12 years. After 12 years off he came back and beat a guy I knew, Jason Estrada, the former US Olympian back in 2004.

When I saw he just fought and beat this kid I actually think for the 1st time ever I got a natural high. From all accounts Steve is one of the nicest dudes you could ever meet, and has had numerous obstacles he has needed to overcome in life and did. Last time I saw him he was driving a bus in Boston. Great guy.

That name brought back a lot of memories. I was thinking about some of the best amateurs from New England back then, and not a single one of them panned out. Jason Estrada, Matt Godfrey, Jaidon Codrington, Nick and Mike Morganelli....... Edwin Rodriguez is really the only one who made a bit of a splash in the pros. Great seeing Steve is doing well and teaching some lessons to the younger kids out there.

Holy ****, I just looked up Josh Beeman's record. Oh man, I dunno what happened there. 5-17-4. He used to be a top 5 national amateur. His rival from New Bedford, MA., Jose Colon, racked up 2 wins and then was arrested on possession class B charges for crack. Man, what happened to that group? Joey Oliver, never heard anything about him either.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I have nothing to add here other than this. Vukosa sounds exactly like the Portuguese phrase Vou Gozar. Which means I'm going to cum.:lol:

Rock0052 and pistal47 like this.