(Steward trained) Lewis vs (Kronk trained) Fury

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BrutalForeman, Oct 10, 2021.

1. BrutalForeman

BrutalForeman Active Member Full Member

May 17, 2014
    the best versions of each fighter with the best coaching / skillset. Who wins and Why? I would love to see it but I have to take Lewis

2. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Lewis stops Fury in 10 at the most.

It would be a tricky fight, but LL would be clearly ahead at the time of the stoppage. Fury would get dropped twice and knocked senseless, on his way down before the ref stops the fight.

3. ironchamp

ironchamp Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I think a lot is being made about Fury on the basis of his wins over Wilder and Klitschko. He looked pretty ordinary against Wallin. Let's see him in against either Usyk, Joshua, or Whyte to get a better sense.

Claw4075, Rakesh, Man_Machine and 3 others like this.
  4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'll likewise take Lewis in this. His track record is simply better. Fury feels inconsistent to me and frankly Wilder isn't that great of a measuring stick imho. I'd much prefer stick and move Fury against Lewis.

fists of fury likes this.
  5. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Lewis every time. He's of a different calibre to the fighters today.

6. BrutalForeman

BrutalForeman Active Member Full Member

May 17, 2014
    Lewis would be punching up though, he was used to being the bigger guy in there

White Bomber likes this.
  7. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
  8. thistle

thistle Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 21, 2016
    if it wasn't for Wilder and Milking it, Fury would have retied a few years ago already...

he's NOT Interested in Showing superiority over ALL Comers, he KNOWS his limits and his ONLY Historic Name is an End of the Line Klit in a stinker, a fight he should NEVER have been given in the first place...

But Boxing BUSINESS Ruled and NOT Boxing Competitive SPORT!!!

and I like Fury, but he IS 2cd Rate, Full Stop.

9. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Lewis is more talanted but Fury has the better chin and is more resilient so 50/50 for me.

Man_Machine and Balder like this.
  10. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Out of curiousity, how does everyone think Lewis would handle Fury on the inside or would you give the advantage to Fury? Lennox did have a great inside game. He was strong and I would imagine he would be ripping some upper cuts.

11. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lewis had enough power to hurt Fury as wilder did. But Lennox had the actual skill needed to finish the job

12. Webbiano

Webbiano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Just based on the opposition faced, you have to say Lewis is far more proven and I really like Fury from a head to head perspective when measured against the best the heavyweight division has too offer. Like another poster says, let’s see him against at least again 2 of 3 of Whyte, Uysk & Joshua and go from there.

If you look at who Lewis lost or struggled against (excluding Vitali) they were generally smaller guys i.e Holyfield in the second fight 2, Mercer, McCall, Rahman. They don’t really fit the mould of Fury, although there’s no denying it would be a fantastic fight and makes for a very interesting match up

13. Pugilist_Spec

Pugilist_Spec Hands Of Stone Full Member

Aug 17, 2015
    His overhand rights and left hooks were landing perfectly fine on Vitali. Like a charm.

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  14. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Kronk trained Fury still has the edge because he has never been beaten while Steward trained Lewis was still knocked into the middle of next week by Hasim Rahman even with Steward working his corner that night.

15. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    I'm not a real fan of Lewis but I think he would beat the snot out of Fury.
    Wilder hits hard with that right-hand but he throws it wild.
    Lewis can pop with that right-hand and throws it straight.