Sturm Vs Gonzales Round Per Round

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heerko koois, Jun 30, 2007.

1. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    I guess so. En anders doen we maar alsof. :lol: ;)

2. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    depends. when you have a totally undeserving challenger like alcoa, who really is nothing more than a regional type of fighter you better not ONLY WIN!!

you better produce a rout. sturm didnt.

but i totally agree with the rest. unless he can step up, he is a paper champ.

3. Wilhelm

Wilhelm Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Yeah, Sturm EASILY won that fight.

4. Ebby78

Ebby78 New Member Full Member

May 12, 2006
    Gonzales has a great chinn and heart. I used to like Sturm a lot, he has a very big mouth but was not able to ko number 90 on boxrec. I am very disappointed concerning the matchmaking and his fight. He clearly won, but against whom? The stupid audience was very happy and he also seemed to be proud beating a nobody, very sad for a "champion". Great title defence!:hat

5. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    thats a german audience for ya

6. RonnieHornschuh

RonnieHornschuh ESB indie police Full Member

Mar 21, 2007
    how can someone think that gonzalez won? he is sooooo sloooooow and has zero power behind punches, which went almost exclusively on the guard. i haven't seen a lighter punching middleweight in a long time. he surely couldn't ko me in one round. sturm didn't do very much either, maybe he saw this as another sparring session. if he really wants to go to america he better steps up. he will not fight abraham because abraham is a warrior and he would crack sturm.

7. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    :thumbsup

8. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Sturm showed a flawless performance against a very game challenger.
    Of course Alocola didnt deserve that titel shot at,but to be fair he gave his best trying to dethrone the champ.Though he lost almost every round against STurm he didnt enter the ring to lose and made Sturm sweat and work for money.

However,I wouldnt bet a single coin on Sturm in a bout against Artur Abraham.
    Alcola couldnt crack an egg with his punches-Abraham plays in a totally different league.

Sturm's next fight is his mandatory Randy Griffin.Sturm can beat him,and these kind of fighers are his limit.
    Taylor,Abraham,Pavlik,and so on would probably beat him.