Styles Make Figts: Cotto - Clottey Is A 50/50 Fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by King Dan, Aug 9, 2007.

1. paulfv

paulfv Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I would love to see Judah-Clottey or Cotto-Clottey. Definitely want to see those fights made.

I've never been overly impressed with Cotto, and Judah is even less impressive, IMO.

Let's just hope the fights get made, then we can have some real fun.

2. King Dan

King Dan Golovkin Full Member

Feb 24, 2005
    This was just an off night for Clottey, if anything bad at all.

3. DaHead242

DaHead242 Active Member Full Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Clottey-Judah and Cotto-Clottey would be exciting fights. Clottey has been a volume guy and never a hard hitter or knockout guy. I'd favor Clottey to beat Judah because I'm not sure what Judah has left at this point. he has a had a lot of fights for 29 and can be outworked. Cotto-Clottey I think is 50/50 but Cotto will be the favorite, he deserves that. Clottey with good hands has always been the guy i'd pick to beat Cotto. He has a good workrate and chin and a pretty solid body. He has the two handed power to keep Cotto from just barging in and his head and shoulders may bother Cotto because well Clottey does a lot of unclean tactics.

4. HandsOfGold

HandsOfGold Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Clottey can no longer hit with force as he has the hands of an 8 year old girl, and he stops and covers up against the ropes way too much.

Cotto breaks him down.

5. DaHead242

DaHead242 Active Member Full Member

Aug 28, 2004
    When did everyone start to think that Clottey hit hard? he's never been a knockout guy. he has maybe 18 Ko's in 35, 36 fights. thats only 50-55%. He's a volume guy.

6. huki

huki huk huk ^_^;; Full Member

Nov 12, 2006
    What the hell.. the poll is 8-6 thinking that this is a 50/50 fight? King Dan, if Cotto is one of your favorite fighters, you shouldn't be insulting him like this. :D I can maybe see Clottey lasting 12 rounds with Cotto if he doesn't quit with 2 broken hands and 6 broken ribs.

7. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Clottey could most likely beat Judah. He has sound boxing technique & is disiplined enough to beat Judah. But Cotto on the other hand is a different story. Clottey has to set himself to effectivley use his power & he couldn't do that against Cotto. I see Clottey backpeddling to stay away from Cotto's power punches. If he asserts himself to trade. Cotto would tee off on him. Cotto would issue a slow beating & stop Clottey about thr ninth round.

8. jlrivera81

jlrivera81 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2007
    you guys are freaking insane if you think Clottey has any chance in hell against Cotto. Please do not bring up the Torres fight b/c Cotto fought out of his element that night. He started out way too aggresive b/c he and torres had a grudge b/c of previous sparring session. but once he got settled, it was all she wrotefor torres. clottey is wayyyyyyyyyy overrated. Cotto has been underrated ever since he got rocked versus Corley and Torres. People have been waiting and salivating at the thought of him losing. It may happen one day, but when it does, you better believe it will be against an elite fighter. Cotto is not going to lose to a B/C level fighter

9. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
  10. the_what

the_what Bolo Punch KO Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Im not that impressed with Clottey. I think he is easy to hit to the body. And his hand speed is overrated because he fought a slow Margarito and a weak Corrales. I think Cotto smokes him rather easily.

11. Boom_Boom

Boom_Boom R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12 Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    im glad someone else sees this too

12. jlrivera81

jlrivera81 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2007
    I think Clottey is much like Randall Bailey who Cotto completely destroyed. Bailey was the bigger/stronger man. Cotto walked right through him while taking his best shots.

13. Chiko_Tech

Chiko_Tech Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    But with far less power.

14. Chiko_Tech

Chiko_Tech Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    And you are impressed with Clottey

15. Brickhaus

Brickhaus Packs the house Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    What makes you think Clottey has so much heart? That he stopped throwing punches when he hurt his hand against Margo? That he kept punching Baldo in the nuts when Baldo wouldn't go down?

Clottey my be less screwed in the head than Zab, but I'm not sure his heart is all that great.