Sulaiman has not received a request from Fury for a title sanction.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Oct 28, 2020.

1. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Yup. it is starting to look like Takam...or Simon Kean.

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...e-in-december-fight/y7awprwmg3l61smff9n1bhbv9

The WBC has not received a request for a title sanction, which means they are going outside the WBC top 15.

All I can hope is that it is some kind of bait and swtich, and there is someone at least interesting lined up.

POST SCRIPT:
    I am a fan, but I am starting to get a little pissed off at team Fury. Hunter will fight him... Kabayel can be made in a few minutes...but it really isn't a matter of quality of opposition.

If Fury wants a pure tune-up against Takam or worse, just come out an say it. He just licked Wilder in a mythical beat-down, and has a hand-shake to fight Joshua. I am not mad at him for taking a stinker fight. But Takam has already confirmed that he will do it. So if you are Fury, just come out and say that you want at tune up so that the fans can at least talk it over and get used to the idea. Why keep us in the dark?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    kriszhao likes this.
  2. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    I’m sure it will be another bum of the month club member... I hear Abell and Pianeta are both ready.

3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    If they do that and don't get a WBC sanction, Fury will no longer be the WBC heavyweight champion and the winner of Povetkin-Whyte II will become the official WBC champ.

ShovelHook likes this.
  4. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    I don't think it happens like that or he'll get stripped.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    They can get around it by billing it as an exhibition.

6. JabbaTheGut

JabbaTheGut Active Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2019
    Wish he would give Hunter a shot.

7. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Fury should vacate his belts

8. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    And move down lol

9. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I simply do not believe that this is the case. I am not saying that you are technically wrong, and have already said that I do not like Takam as an opponent, but we have seen other champs fight out of the rankings before, and if Fury wants to, I see no scenario under which he is stripped. There is too much money in Fury-Joshua. For Right or for wrong, nothing will happen to him.

10. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Is it possible the WBC make Fury Franchise Champion..

Then have the vacant WBC between Wilder and somebody?

The WBC seem to love Wilder, they let him get away with hardly any mandatory fights, those WBC judges gave him a draw in the first Fury fight, it explains why Wilder is so quiet and hasn't forced a rematch because he knows he will be getting his shot again against a lesser opponent.

And this is why Fury hasn't asked for his December date to be a WBC title fight.

11. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fury wont be stripped. Most likely they havent decided an opponent to go to the WBC for and if they do pick outside the tip 15 then that opponent will suddenly turn up at around 14/15 a day or two before its announced as always happens.

Unforgiven and Rumsfeld like this.
  12. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    With Fury it's either a big fight or low level opposition with a decent looking record it seems.

13. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Tune up? Takam will be 40 years old in early December. At least fight somebody in their prime.

Sorry to the Fury fans, he's not acting like a champion should. I say by design as he's packing glass and has trouble staying in shape which is why his next opponent will have no business getting a title shot.

14. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Sulaiman has not received his notice to be able to send a really large bill/sanctioning fee out yet.

15. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    You can have non-title fights

kriszhao likes this.