Sun article about Ricky Hattons next fight - Discusting if true

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Jul 26, 2007.

1. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006

Nuumbembe was supposed to beat Ajose? What, at 3 days notice? I think you should be trying to get Ajose a shot at some ranked opponents before telling everyone he's better than Hatton. Incidentally, was he weight drained for his last fight at 140? Because he didnt look impressive, was that down to the weight or his motivation for the fight?

Joking aside who is he going to fight next, any ideas?

2. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Like Warren would put Rees anywhere near a Maloney fighter of Ajoses calibre though. Best thing Ajose can do is fight ranked fighters, isnt he 11 with the WBC? How about going to doncaster for the Harris Witter fight and causing a scene / calling the guys out in the presser or afterwards. Not very classy, but needs must.

3. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    The sun is only 1 up from the daily sport.Il take the opinion of fightnews first..

4. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    How 'bout that...The Sun in 'full of crap' shocker.

5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    North I am glad that you are an Ajose fan. He beat the living daylights out of Gary Reid winning every round. Yes he clowned around in the fight. Yes he can fight better. He has knocked out much better fighter than Reid. He had some niggly injuries gpoing into the fight. Reid was also in the best shape of his life and took a sustained beating. The most important thing was to win the fight. The performance was world class a real boxing clinic especially the 1st 6 rounds. Credit should go to Reid for taking his punishment as a man.

6. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    But in all serious Olu , Ajose had the ability to get Reid out of there(and fairly early) and he didn't do that . He had a chance to showcase himself on Sky and although he showed he clearly has skills if you want to be a succesful African boxer in Britain(basically without much fanbase that is going to have it tough trying to earn a fanbase) you got to be putting these guys away easily .

Reid was in the shape of his life and as we know is tough and fair play to him for that , but at the same time Hatton wouldn't have gone more than 2 rounds with him and Witter wouldn't have gone the distance either .

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Nobody would get Reid out in 2 rounds the shape he was in for this fight. When Reid is given a week or a few days notice and is consequently not properly prepared yes he gets stopped. The strategy was not to go gung ho and knock Reid out at all costs but to give him a systematic beating. Reid post fight comments are revealing saying Ajose was the best he had been in there with and that he Reid was in the shape of his life. Youi can analyse abilities and skills what you cannot measure is a fighters heart. I give Gary Reid absolute respect and honour for going the distance after taking so much punishment.

8. ferd cloupes

ferd cloupes Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2006
    oh so he didn't want to knock him out.. systematic beating my arse. that explains his distasteful showboating over an outgunned overmatched foe. as showcases go you can paint the reid fight any way you want, olusegun blew it.

9. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    How did Olusegun 'blow it'??? As Olu admitted, Olusegun could have performed better, but he won the fight comfortably. So the knockout didnt come, but thats boxing. You wont always blow away every guy you face, so give Olusegun a break. He got the W, won the belt, job done. Its now onwards & upwards for Olusegun.

I dont see how thats 'blowing it'.

10. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I have to admit I think Olu is going just a little bit overboard with the Ajose Olusegun hero worship. Anybody can say an opponent was "in the best shape of his life" for the purpose of bigging up their fighter and quite frankly when the opponent is a guy with a 13-16-1 record, anyone with any pretensions to be anywhere near world class should be beating the granny out of him irrespective of what shape he's in. It will take a lot better opponent than this before we can make any kind of judgement about how he will fare at top level.

To put into perspective, Olusegun's opponents to ddate have a combined record of 187-350-29. That's almost twice as many losses as victories. And yet people are wittering on about this guy getting a shot at Hatton. Sheesh!!!!

11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Where don't you check Hatton opponents record pre Tyzu and you will get your answer. All my man does is beat what is put before him decisively.

12. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Answer to what, I didn't pose any question.

Oh I allow for the fact that your man beats what is put in front of him decisively. But when what is put in front of him has a 13-16-1 record that ain't saying too much.

I am fully aware of Hatton's opponents pre-Tszyu, I have followed his career from virtually day one. But to put things into some kind of perspective, the last opponent Hatton faced with a losing record was Mark Ramsay, some six years and 25 fights pre-Tszyu. He had beaten Tackie, Magee, Phillips, Oliveira and others in that time, all top 20 fighters.

Ajose may be very talented, but I think all this mentioning him alongside Cotto, PBF, Margarito, even Witter or Harris as a serious contender in the Hatton sweepstakes needs to stop until he at least proves himself worthy in some manner or other.

13. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    :yep :happy :hi:

:deal :tong :smooch

14. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    well then?:hi:

15. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005