Sun article about Ricky Hattons next fight - Discusting if true

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Jul 26, 2007.

1. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    PBF will NEVER fight Ajose, and then Olesugen would probably start his **** about how hes the most ducked fighter ever again:lol::lol: IMO Colin Lynes would have a good chance of beating Ajose.

2. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006

3. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Exactly. Floyd vs Reid wouldnt last a round, Hatton-Reid wouldnt last 4. Ajose is becoming one of the most over-hyped fighters around. I guess Floyd's ducking him though right, since hes the most avoided fighter around:lol::lol:

4. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    check out ajose's last 5 or 6 opponents combined losses and knockout stats.

5. ferd cloupes

ferd cloupes Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2006

but i used punctuation this time for dramatic effect..

6. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    :patsch Strange talent that Hatton seems to have, this ability to find reigning world champions (four in a row) who all happen to be conveniently "past it". The problem being that if a fighter is really "past it", he wouldn't be a world champion in the first place!!! I allow for the fact that the multitude of belts about these days mean some fighters who are in no way #1 in the division are able to pick up belts, but even so...

Personally, I am well aware that Hatton is probably not going to win this one. He's moving up from his natural weight and giving up home advantage to fight the #1 p4p in the world, you can't set yourself a much tougher challenge than that. It's not the same as being upset by a shot Manuel Medina in a fight that was made for you to win and look good in :yep Whatever happens though, Hatton is determined to test himself against the very best. You can't ask for more than that.

As for Mayweather being a "fighter who isn't past it", if Hatton does manager to pull this one off, I will bet my bottom dollar we start hearing comments of the "Hatton dragged Mayweather out of retirement to fight him", "when is Hatton going to face an opponent under 30" variety!!!