Sweetest Straight-right In the history of boxing?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Leeroy, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Leeroy

Leeroy Do it Do it Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    For me it's a no contest;It's the straight right hand Marciano landed on Louis that sent him flying through the ropes and ALMOST out of the ring - Rocky Marciano put his WHOLE body behind that punch,combined with all his might. It was wicked and the sweetest/most powerfull sraight-right I have ever seen - especially in terms of power and end result.

2. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Can't say any one shot, really. Too many great ones to mention.

However, there were a few practitioners that were pretty routine with the way they wrecked guys with that punch.......

Arguello
    Rosario
    Hearns (the rights he landed against Duran or Cuevas might qualify)
    Michael Spinks
    Danny Lopez
    Duran
    Louis
    Lennox Lewis

Etc. etc.......

Toney F*** U likes this.
  3. justaboxingfan

justaboxingfan Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I bet there are better ones but Klitschko/Brock stands out in my books. That punch looked as if it went right through his face, then his body goes numb

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xE_8IUTByLs

4. Tencount85

Tencount85 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 21, 2007
    The one lampley gave to his girlfriend

The Morlocks likes this.
  5. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    Well that's what I compared it to earlier - but if you watch the Marciano/Louis fight - in round 8 when he landed that punch;You could picture his fist crushing his face.

Wlad's right in that fight doesn't compare...Close but Marciano put him unconscious and through the ropes.

6. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004

...............Louis wasn't unconscious, actually. Incapacitated, sure, :lol: but he was still conscious.

7. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    :lol::lol:.....He looked dead.

8. Tencount85

Tencount85 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 21, 2007
    The thread is subjective so you can pick many, but one that stands out in my mind from a historical perspective was the right that Foreman delivered which knocked out Moorer.

9. Dekkers

Dekkers Team Bergeron Full Member

Jul 8, 2005
    The right Tszyu hit Pedro Sanchez with to get the first knock down, beautiful shot, if you blinked you would have missed it.

10. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Tszyu comes to mind first because his whole aresenal was a set up for the straightest right hand in boxing.

Many of Lennox's brilliant right hands come to mind, but the Ruddock demolition was particularily impressive.

Also, Monzon's near decapitation in Nino Benvenuti in the 12th was pretty spectacular.

Tyson v Botha?

Oh, I got it, Hearns v Duran. I'll take that and Monzon's.

HolDat likes this.
  11. NickHudson

NickHudson Active Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Hearns v Duran, Hearns v Cuevas and Lewis v Ruddock seconded.

Also, my favorite, Hearns v Andries.

Worthy mention Ali v Folley.

12. C. M. Clay II

C. M. Clay II Manassah's finest! Full Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Maybe Ali's third knockdown of Cleveland Williams.

13. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007

But he was tagging lewis up with alot of elbows before that. I mean he was throwing elbow shots as combos and landing. That takes away from it for me. Dirty..dirty. And lewis was old as dirt anyway in his prime he would of beat Marciano. He was damned near 40

14. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Why the hell was marciano allowed to throw elbows in a boxing match.. I mean for real, was that legal back then? He threw more elbows intentionally then I have ever seen. I am watching the entire round on youtube.. WHAT THE HELL????

15. Thinman

Thinman Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Sal, you know your stuff. :yep I don't. :-( But I will always remember that right hand that TH hit Duran with. I don't now why. I was sad, I know that. BTW I like the way you put it :lol: " a few practitioners" That's classic. :good