Taking a look at Monzon's six best wins

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Mendoza, Aug 12, 2018.

1. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    I expected this to go over your head … I'll try again .. Every fighter that Pac and Duran beat or lost too who was older and/or taller, who started their careers out at a higher weight must be not worthy like Monzon … Do you really need the examples is the question …

2. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    All things considered, the posts made in this thread have been very civil.

JohnThomas1 and The Morlocks like this.
  3. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Yeah, I mean no personal attacks. It clearly you are a great writer and though I think you’ve made your point, I’d love to see you breakdown all 6 of Monzons best wins and explain why they were really good solid wins...

If you have already done that I apologize for missing the post

4. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I would have, had the thread actually been about Monzon's best wins. However, this thread was quite obvious in its attempt to diminish Monzon's championship, from the outset; on rather mundane points and for cynical reasons. It was an unfortunate, negative spin-off from a previous assault on Monzon, in another thread.

I take your point about breaking down Monzon's best wins and this has naturally been touched upon, albeit not in any great depth, during the course of this thread. But, when someone starts a debate, with questionable logic; not an ounce of balance and the slider at the extremest end of the negative scale, it doesn't strike me as conducive to having a sensible discussion in the center.

That said, I might well make such a case, at some later date; giving it the time and attention it deserves.

SuzieQ49 and Loudon like this.
  5. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Horribly conceived original post and the resulting correct backlash. What's to bump?

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  7. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    Plenty of new users in the 12 months since this went up tho a couple may or may not be truly new. I'm sure they would enjoy the excellent posts/rebuttals from MM and a couple of others.

Saintpat likes this.
  8. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    It’s fair to deconstruct the greats, part of what makes this forum valuable, and to critique and try to poke holes as long as it’s an intellectually honest discussion.

It’s how we learn from each other.

9. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
  10. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    Bingo - look at the quality rebuttals.