Tank Davis is CLEARLY the best at 135

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by dangerousity, Nov 28, 2021.

1. SergioJ91

SergioJ91 Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2021
    Tank has good punching power, no doubt. But, I think Haney and Loma outbox him if they stay away from his KO punch. They're too fast and too slick for him imo and it's why Mayweather will not put him in the ring with them. Only with Loma, if he gets older and slows up dramatically.

acie2g likes this.
  2. Moonlight

Moonlight Walking in the moonlight... lonely.. as always.. Full Member

Nov 12, 2021
    Lomachenko makes the Mayweather product his wife.

Jackman65 likes this.
  3. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I used think he might be. Or even up to 140. But he looks slower to me than he used to. A bit sluggish. His speed no longer appears to be next level . That hurts him alot vs the upper tier talents in the sport around his weight.

Tank's stock is down with me.

Jackman65 likes this.
  4. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I respect your perspective but my opinion of Tank actually improved after the Cruz fight. I think Tank’s team chose Cruz because they thought he’d be an easy win. He’s small, young and has not faced top competition. Cruz showed his toughness and made it clear he wasn’t just showing up, he was there to win. I watched the fight several times without the volume on and scored it a draw or a narrow Cruz victory. Cruz didn’t fight like an inexperienced guy who was just happy to be there. He was there to win.

Tank has not impressed me in recent years. He’s been outboxed in nearly every fight but has been bailed out by his power. His hand picked opponents were usually smaller guys moving up (LSC) or washed up old fighters (ghost of Gamboa)low risk opponents carefully chosen to pad his record.

Cruz and an injured hand forced Tank to box. He didn’t look great but he looked to be in good shape and he boxed well enough to get a narrow victory in the eyes of the corrupt judges. As a boxer, Tank is a C level fighter. His power might move him up to a C+ but at lightweight, he’s far from the top. I hope he steps up his level of competition because cherry picking has stunted his development. He might lose a fight but he’s not going to be able to hide from top opponents forever. He’s 27 and is technically prime. I hope to see him fight an opponent who can punch, not a tiny guy moving up. We will see in ‘22.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    You're clearly suffering from derangousity.

6. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    People were talking a bout Loma's shoulder surgery afterwards.... And so what if people said that about Loma..you play the 'It's OUR TURN" game way too much here....

Jackman65 likes this.
  7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    No I call like it is both sides made excuses it was pathetic.

drenlou likes this.
  8. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Nobody avoids the best challenges better than Davis. Went through 3 divisions picking up belts and never fought a top contender. Oh wait He FoUgHt PeDrAzA way back in the early 2000s.

Jackman65 likes this.
  9. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    So he didn't have shoulder surgery... jesus...you don't even now what an actual excuse really is.

Jackman65 likes this.
  10. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    It's an excuse lance for a loss period end of discussion. Loma's shoulder was not the reason why he lost. Loma lost because he was weary of Lopez power speed and size period. He threw punches with both hands all night long.

drenlou likes this.
  11. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    thats why you dont use it as an excuse. and the reason it does get used, is because of fanboyism, nothing else. cause the same clowns will deny the injury excuses when its a fighter they dont like. but if its their crush with the excuse, well thats a whole different story. take a look at those talking bout lomas shoulder and see what they have to say about teos supposed injury. and vise versa. pure fanboy hypocrisy. no consistency whatsoever. either accept the excuses all the time, or never. both said they were ready to fight, no need for fanboy feelings to determine who was lying about it.

Pimp C likes this.
  12. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    No...that is not automatically an excuse. Did you hear Loma say, "I ONLY Lost due to the bad shoulder?" If you did not hear that from him, there's no excuse. Do you understand how language and context work at all??? Idiots just took Loma having surgery AS AN EXCUSE because of fans here. YOU let fans determine how you think. YOU let fans make you a hater of some fighters.

Jackman65 likes this.
  13. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    We know what he was saying here. Anybody can read between the lines man.

This content is protected

Pimp C likes this.
  14. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    :lol: You create your own lines and read what you want... It would be amazing if you ever held Floyd to the same standards you do everyone else.

Jackman65 likes this.
  15. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Wtf are you talking about? Lance cut this **** out already, youre making a fool out of yourself. Jesus.

Pimp C likes this.