Tank Davis will give Loma all he can handle

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Hi-Tek-Lomo, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Hi-Tek-Lomo

Hi-Tek-Lomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    I've said it once and I'll say it 1,000 times over--if they ever manage to get in the ring together, Tank will give Loma all he can handle. I love Tank's talent almost as much as I love Loma's talent. Two talented guys who want to be great but one is surrounded by the wrong people and that could be all the difference. If Tank can get his personal matters in order, I truly believe he could give Loma hell. And there's no reason for this fight to NOT happen. In fact, if I were both fighters, I would start barking about it. Where does Loma go from here, realistically? What is left for him? Only other fighter I would be interested in seeing him take on in the immediate sense is Berchelt.

2. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    He could fight the Errol-Mikey winner or Crawford, you know the same two-weight jump he was perfectly fine with when his opponent did it.

Love2box and ellerbe like this.
  3. Hi-Tek-Lomo

Jul 18, 2015
    You think Loma is going to fight Spence? Are you on that egg nog already?

Pimp C and GK BOX like this.
  4. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I think Tank is much easier for Loma than everyone seems to think, Davis is smaller and has similar reach, Loma has much better footwork and jab and can keep him at distance and pot shot him all night long. We've not seen how Davis would respond to Lomas footwork, he doesn't strike me as a guy with the most ring IQ in the world so I can predict Loma just dancing in circles around Davis, creating angles and Gervonta missing wildly constantly, similarly to Sosa.

5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    All skills being even, I give Loma the advantage due to his vast experience. And yes, I agree, Davis has a very good chance against Loma. This is a fight I would love to see. Imagine a fight card with Loma/Davis, Crawford/Spence, Bivol/Kov and Wilder/AJ. One can only dream!

Pimp C likes this.
  6. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    dammmmm lol

7. Hi-Tek-Lomo

Jul 18, 2015

You say Tank is smaller yet he brutally stopped Pedraza.

8. Hi-Tek-Lomo

Jul 18, 2015

Damn...you just made me WET! lol

9. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    If Rigo didn't b*tch out when Loma was at 126 and had less leverage, they probably could have met at 124. Regardless, the outcome would have been the same. Rigo's footwork was never as good as Loma's and he never liked fighting in any range outside of long range.

Rock0052 likes this.
  10. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Tank doesn't have the ring IQ to hang. He's talented at what he does, but one dimensional. Not dissimilar from young Foreman in that respect.

He better hope he catches Loma cold, otherwise it's a schooling. It would be Calzaghe-Lacy 2.0.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  11. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    It doesn't matter, Pedraza had an idiotic gameplan and took the fight on 2 weeks notice. But the thing is with Loma, that he can struggle with tall rangy fighters and always dominates and destroys smaller men or anyone similar in size. I can't see anything but a Loma win with a possibility of a KO by Tank but Loma has an excellent chin so that's unlikely.

12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    You should change your name to Low IQ Poster.

mirkofilipovic and thesmokingm like this.
  13. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Tank can't beat Loma and I'm gonna tell you why.

Both Tank and Loma are southpaws and Loma is pretty much an expert at fighting fellow southpaws, whereas Davis isn't. Davis relies on athleticism most of the time, while Loma rely on athleticism AND solid fundamentals. Davis's defense is questionable. He's gets hit by jabs and right hands. He's been mostly been able to get away with it because of his power and athleticism.

Put Davis in with Loma and he will get out-jabbed and out-countered. Davis keeps his right low and that invites the jab and left hand. Davis doesn't have the size advantages of guys like Linares, so he'll be fighting at Loma's most comfortable range. Tank can probably hang with Loma for about 3 rounds. After that, Loma will find his openings and school Davis.

Don't let Davis's KO win against Padraze fool you. Different style and Davis is more of a puncher. He also got hit quite a bit in that fight.

KiwiMan and mirkofilipovic like this.
  14. Hi-Tek-Lomo

Jul 18, 2015

You are insufferable and pathetic and don't even know how to hook off the jab. You literally couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight. Your boxing acumen is that of a petulant and pathetic arm chair QB who has never been in a fight in his life.

15. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    That be like saying Pacquiao should fight Andre Ward at 168. Hes a former JMW champ just a 2 weight class jump.