Tank Gervonta Davis vs Ryan Crybaby Garcia

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    But he gave up this kind of advantage the past weekend by fighting in a certain area?

Serge likes this.
  2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Big difference between fighting in Atlanta Georgia and Scotland.

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The undisputed champion decided where he fights. Suck a dick if you think otherwise.

Serge likes this.
  4. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Why would Tank fight Taylor in Scotland?

5. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    If PBC are running the show...not so much

6. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    To be honest I don’t know why you are all so shocked about Floyd saying what promoters have been doing for years. Maybe I have been around to long that I am not shocked.

7. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Not shocked

Disappointed there is little chance of seeing this fight though

8. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018

Still it's better than nothing, I think. The oppositions whom Davis faced all this time were far from top rated ones.

9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think it could happen just not yet. Tank and JT don’t like each other and both will relish beating up the other.

10. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Garcia bitchslaps Twink. I'd love to see it.

11. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    I wasn't aware Davis had such an affect on other fighters.

Are they really that terrified of him?

12. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    That ain't gonna happen. Garcia will taste the canvas if they ever fight. Tank is tough as **** who will systematically break down the mentally weak Garcia before stopping him. Hell he might mentally break him before the fight.

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Only ***** getting slapped is the Instagram champion.

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    So you're saying that Fonseca and Nunez aren't in fact ''nobodies'' and are actually stars who sell out arenas and their fights do big numbers on TV because that's the context we're talking about here? Ellerbe is essentially saying Taylor is a nobody for that exact same reason so why shouldn't we apply that same standard to fighters who not only bring zero to the table in terms of prestige, legacy, and ranking but also financially too? What exactly do Fonseca and Nunez bring to the table that Taylor doesn't?

And, as Lance pointed out, you're ''disrespecting'' Ryan Garcia by referring to him as a ''Crybaby'' in not only this very thread but you chose to run with it in your title.

The Twink groupies boast about him being a star, his numbers at the gate and on TV fighting ''nobodies'' who bring nothing to the table but with the might of Floyd Mayweather, The Money Team and Al Haymon/PBC and co behind him they can't sell a fight against the four belt unified king top #5 ranked Josh Taylor who has an exciting style and just unified all four belts in the USA in his previous fight fighting against a unified Mexican world champion and former Olympian in a fight that averaged 1,305,000 viewers and peaked at 1,673,000 even though it had barely any promotion at all?

Everyone knows exactly what Ellerbe means when he says Taylor brings nothing to the table and so do you too, Olu. He means they want no part of him and are going to continue cherrypicking, chasing paper champs and regular belts and ducking the best. The risk is too great. Period.

Beating Taylor would not only garner Twink huge respect in terms of legacy and prestige but it would propel him right up the P4P rankings and increase his future purses, power at the negotiating table, and his popularity significantly.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I don't really dislike him even though he's done plenty of things that would warrant it. I'm pretty indifferent about him and sometimes I quite like him. I dislike his insufferable fans who I've had many run ins with due to the **** they throw Loma's way.