Tank Gervonta Davis vs Tartan Tornado Josh Taylor looks highly possible

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Jul 10, 2021.

1. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Froch was obviously the ticket seller.

Ward was obviously the more skilled opponent.

2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    @lufcrazy a good case in point because it’s current is Pacquiao vs Spence. My boy EJ though now a pay per view fighter and undefeated unified WBC and IBF champion has happily conceded the lions share to Pacquiao because even taking a shorter end this time he is going to earn a lot more money as he is up against an iconic name. EJ will never give Crawford and his WBO belt 40% split not to talk of 50%.

3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Well, WBC for sure might be the best ranking org in the world.

Best proof is that they not only allowed Wilder to fight vs nonames outside of US during 5 years in row, cool fun.
    Then if about division below HW: CW champ today for WBC is Makabu, he had his last fight vs Durodola not vs Briedis.

Reasoning is there: every one might for free legally watch how looked Briedis fight vs 35 y.o enough fresh Durodola and get that now this gentleman is 40 y.o :D and still he is enough good for Makabu to fight with.
    While concerned about integrity business WBC had removed their belt from Glowacki vs Briedis fight. Cos they so much cares about boxing as sport and integrity. Therefore there is proof: 40 y.o Durodola version was enough good for Makabu to fight with.
    At least not eurobums :bump lol WBC kids game.

4. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    If Spence refuses to give Crawford 40% it's a duck.

And also you said Spence was Mr A Side. Why he concede vs Pacquiao?

5. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    This is where you're wrong, remember I don't play these fan boys agenda.

I just think to be the best you have to fight the best.

Whether that's Fury, Breidis, Beterbiev, Canelo, Golovkin etc.

BubblesUK likes this.
  6. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    He is not the A side against Pacquiao. Crawford already rejected 40% against Spence insisting on 50%. The reality is after Spence beats Pacquiao, Crawford will be lucky to get 30%.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    You clearly don’t understand boxing economics.

8. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Yeah that's the point isn't it. Spence couldn't force Crawford to fight for 40%.

His PPV numbers weren't enough to make that split a reality.

9. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    And you don't understand boxing competition.

BubblesUK and DoubleJab666 like this.
  10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    No Crawford wants the fight but cannot get it for 50% and Spence whose value is going up now will only let him have 30% at most. Spence has bigger more lucrative fish to catch like Pacquiao and Canelo.

11. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Like I said, Spence can't get the fight with a 60% split.

12. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Exactly.

To be justifiably considered the best, you have to have the best resume and you can't get that without fighting the best and winning far more than you lose.

Like you say, it doesn't matter who you are or how loud you shout it, it's gotta be proven - whether you're Fury, Usyk, Tank or even Wilder, if you're not prepared to get in that ring and show it then your claims ain't worth ****.

Jackman65 likes this.
  13. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Idios like you make me laugh. You have a young prime fighter but he hasn’t fought any legit opponents at his weight in years. You can post all the gibberish you wish, it doesn’t change the fact that Tank cherry picks and fights soft opponents exclusively and shows no signs of changing. It’s sad and pathetic but not surprising. You guys are consistent. Consistently moronic.

Tank has his sights set on Jojo Diaz making his first fight at 135. Wonder why he’s picking this type of fighter, a guy who didn’t look good in his last fight. Can’t wait for you to us to hype Jojo up as a top 135 pounder. Tank can have his pick of any top 135 pounder but he will pick the softest one. That’s his cowardly nature. You guys are too dumb to understand this is bad for boxing.

BubblesUK likes this.
  14. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Usyk cleaned out cruiserweight and is now fighting AJ, arguably the top or second highest rated HW in the world. You can’t compare his career choices to Tank’s. It’s an insult to even mention his name in the same sentence as a guy who cherry picked opponents for the last few years and who lost a belt on the scales. Usyk comes into fights in shape and has never missed weight. Tank fights soft touches, avoids top opponents and his fans pretend he’s beating top guys. No comparison.

15. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i consider him the best hw in the world. have for years. seen nothing in all those years to make me doubt that belief. the current antics in the division dont surprise me at all, given who i think is the best. the man with the most titles, who can make you the most money, but predictably, the pretenders would rather squabble over 1 title and less money.

BubblesUK and Olu G. Rotimi like this.