Tank Gervonta Davis vs Tartan Tornado Josh Taylor looks highly possible

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    All you are saying is that Tank has been more dominant in his fights than JT has been.

2. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Being more dominant in your best wins is only a sign of greatness if those wins are against equal levels of opponent.

If they're not, it doesn't matter half as much.

3. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    The entire definition of shock depends on not being ready for it... Fairly basic English language there.

It's not impossible, but I will almost always back the more proven fighter over a seemingly more impressive fighter with an inferior resume... And I'm usually proven right to, too.

I hope you're ready for your illusions to be shattered whenever Tank finally does step up to fight a true elite.

4. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    You're getting over-excited after reading the Tweet and misinterpreting Ellebe's intension - this fight is not going to be made any time soon. You only have to look at Tank's resume to see he does not fight the best in his division. And Taylor is the best at 140.

You know, 'balance of probability' and all that. You'll be familiar with that concept due to your line of work, no? And if you are familiar, you could only agree - based on all the available evidence - the balance of probability is against these two ever sharing a ring.

What Ellebe knows is, after Taylor fulfils his mandatory against Catterall with the added bonus of fighting in Scotland for the first time in years, he'll likely move up to 147. And then Tank and Ellebe can claim a 'duck' from a fight they have no intension of making.

But you would have to strongly disagree with any suggestion it would be a duck because you place a lot of emphasis on the number of divisions in which Tank has won world titles* and would surely commend Taylor for attempting to do the same...

* :lol:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    JT fought better fighters

Naturally the contests would be more challenging and exciting

6. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Absolutely

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    The more i think about this fight, i really want to see it

It would so good to watch but damn Tank will get beat up like never before

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    No it’s not about equal levels of opponent because it may or may not exist. It’s about beating the champions and contenders in your era. The manner in which you win also tells us certain things. I am not going to denigrate JT but similarly I will not accept denigrating Tank because some people feel threatened by his star quality.

9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Of course it’s not impossible it’s highly probable and likely because Tank is a special talent. Do you even think this would be competitive if they were both 130 pounders with the same abilities they possess. The only advantages JT has are size and height. Height don’t matter because everyone is taller than Tank hence his shortness is an advantage to him and as for size the perceived advantage is in fact a disadvantage against Tank.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    We don’t go around claiming ducks etc. The only person who ducked anybody is that punk Ryan Crybaby Garcia.

11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    They have both fought very good fighters including undefeated fighters. Unlike a lot of clowns on ESB you won’t get me disrespecting JT’s opponents like they want to do to Tank’s. They become crap opponents after Tank beats them. It’s so obvious some here not you have a certain anti PBC/ Mayweather agenda.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Would be great fight but JT gets ****ed up as Tank will be more comfortable at the weight.

13. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    I hate how they do business ftom a fan POV but respect the talent massively

14. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    He would get tagged more he ever has before

Taylor would pick him off and take him apart

MarkusFlorez99 and Oneirokritis like this.
  15. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    'We'? :lol: :lol: :lol: