Tank shows there are levels in boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Apr 21, 2024.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Loma beat Haney

Jackman65 likes this.
  2. BoxingWarrior

BoxingWarrior Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2021
    Tank lost to Pitbull but because he has been a manufactured and protected fighter he was given the gift of victory against Pitbull. With American judges and ref in American soil. I think the only way to defeat Tank is to knock him out but knocking him out seems impossible becasue he will run and hugged like Floyd and so long he can survive he is sure of the win..

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Er. Twink tried to cripple Ryan at the negotiating table by slapping a rehydration clause on him and fighting him at a catchweight. He slapped one on Barrios too despite the fact that Barrios came in at 152 at 140, 5-6lbs max more than Twink

Twink has a 2'' longer reach than Loma and weighed more at 130 than Loma does at 135 and a whole division more than him at 135. Loma is routinely outweighed by 10-15lbs and 20lbs against Haney and he's fighting all these way bigger guys on the road or in their backyards and not once has he ever tried to weaken or cripple any of them with rehydration clauses or catchweights

'Gervonta Davis views the rehydration restrictions in their contracts as a way to ensure fairness entering his high-profile fight against rival Ryan Garcia.

''Davis has drawn criticism from Garcia, his opponent’s team and some fans for the contractual clause that prohibits the taller Garcia from weighing more than 146 pounds at a second-day weigh-in the morning of their Showtime Pay-Per-View main event April 22 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The contracted limit for their first weigh-in April 21 is 136 pounds, one above the maximum for the lightweight division.

Garcia, 24, and Davis, 28, both must weigh in again the morning of their fight. Davis (28-0, 26 KOs) and Garcia (23-0, 19 KOs) can add as much weight as they want from the time of their second-day weigh-in until they set foot in the ring.

Baltimore’s Davis explained his rationale for demanding the rehydration clause during a recent appearance on Showtime’s popular show, “All The Smoke,” co-hosted by retired NBA players Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson.

“I mean, it’s just making sure everything’s fair,” Davis said. “You know what I mean? I know that he’s a bigger fighter. He already has the advantage off the height, the size, the arm length, like everything, he has the most advantage. So, I’m just making it a little fair. You know what I mean? Just everybody stay the same. And, I mean, it ain’t like he gotta go [to a second weigh-in] and I don’t have to go. We both have to go. You know what I mean?”

Twink thinks him fighting opponents who weigh 5-6lbs more than him and who have a 2½'' and 3½'' reach advantage on him is very unfair. Loma is routinely fighting guys who weigh 2-3 divisions more than him and way longer reach

Loma 65½''

Walters 73''
    Haney 71''
    Commey 71''
    Campbell 71''
    Nakatani 71''
    Pedraza 70½''
    Linares 69''
    Ortiz 69''
    Rodriguez 69''
    Teofimo 68½''
    Rigo 68''
    Salido 67''
    Marriaga 67''
    Sosa 67''
    Crolla 67''
    Martinez 67''
    Ramirez 65½''
    Russell Jr. 64''

And even worse, Twink is fighting at home with a home ref and three home judges where you will have to KO him to come away with a draw

How many times has Twink been outweighed by 2-3 or even 4 divisions and been giving away almost 6'' in reach and fought in his opponent's backyard with a home ref and 3 home judges? Exactly

And most of the world champs Twink has fought were WBA regular champs, shot to bits, dragged up in weight, champs long ago at lower weights, whereas, almost all the ones Loma has fought were in their prime, the vast majority champs at the weights he fought him at.

Including Kambosos, 7 of the 13 champs he has or will have fought soon were champs at 135, a division Loma is tiny for and doesn't belong in, and it should be 14 champs in 21 fights because Jermaine Ortiz was robbed blind against Teofimo

If Twink was serious about proving their are levels to this game he wouldn't have been ducking Loma like crazy for seven freaking years

Devin Haney 2020: ''Loma is too old too slow''

Tank 2019: ''Loma an old man. I'll retire him''

Floyd 2019: ''Lomachenko needs to fight as many fights as possible, extremely quick!, because he's very very old''

Jackman65 and TheShellofKell like this.
  4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    No he didn't that's your opinion. The fact is Haney is 1-0 against loma.

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  5. IronMaster

IronMaster Cheers banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2024
    and Park Si-Hun is 1-0 versus Roy Jones Jr, right.

6. boxingexpert733

boxingexpert733 Member Full Member

May 18, 2023
    Average boxrec score for Haney vs loma is 115-113 Loma btw.

Jackman65 likes this.
  7. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I strongly disagree! It was a close fight which Haney won. The judges agree with me as do the record books. Not liking Haney does not mean he lost.

8. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I would have thought you'd be in favour of rehydration clauses tbf.

9. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    A detailed analysis of the PBC smoke & mirrors regarding Twink's career and all the ''world champions'' he's fought. It's very deceptive but but his handlers and PBC know that because that's how they dupe the casuals

These are the world champions he's fought

Gamboa was 38 y/o and shot to hell and a world champion way back in 2013

Cristobal Cruz was 38, shot to hell, a world champion way back in 2009 down at 126, as was 1-7-2 in his last 11 fights

Hugo Ruiz was a world champion down at 122

Cuellar was a former WBA regular champion down at 126, a career 126 who never fought at 130, and was coming off a 16 month layoff and a loss but was somehow nominated to contest the vacant 130 title with Tank.

''Somehow'' meaning that someone has a very cosy relationship with the WBA and one could easily be forgiven for thinking that the WBA's palms are being greased by someone they shouldn't be in return for favours because the WBA, and the WBA regular belt, is a recurring theme here

More on the Cuellar corruption

Cuellar - career 126 pounder who was campaigning at 126 and had never campaigned at 130 and was coming off a loss against Abner Mares down at 126 and a 16 month layoff was mysteriously ranked #1 by the WBA and paired up against Twink for the vacant title at 130 for a completely fraudulent belt which had literally been stolen off the real champ who the WBA decided to downgrade for no goddamn reason other than to find a belt to give to Twink.

Read all that again and then when you've finished check out this thread

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/davis-cuellar-alberto-machado-and-wba-corruption.606231/

Barrios was the WBA regular champion and he won that belt against a seven fight novice Akhmedov who was ever so surprisingly robbed by the three home judges over in the US

Dan Rafael

''Even after scoring knockdowns in the fourth and 12th rounds at Staples Center in Los Angeles, Barrios appeared awfully lucky to win by scores of 116-111, 115-111 and 114-112 in a fight in which the crowd booed the decision loudly and most media at ringside had Akhmedov winning.''

Leo was the IBF champ at 118, the WBC champ at 122, the WBA champ at 126, and he won the WBA belt in his previous fight, and only fight at 130, when paired up for the vacant title against fellow 126 pounder. Twink was always a 135 pounder not a 130 and his size and power advantage was always going to be way too much for 122-126 pounder Leo who prior to then the hardest puncher he'd faced was probably blown up 122 pounder Frampton

Hector Garcia was the champ at 130 and dragged up to 135

Rolly became the.. yeah, you guessed it.. the WBA 140 champ in his very next fight after getting knocked out by Twink in his previous fight when he was paired up against a 40 y/o Barroso for the vacant tittle at that weight despite the fact he'd never fought at that weight and was coming off a KO loss in his previous fight. How the hell do you get paired up for a vacant title shot at the weight above, a weight you've never fought at, when you're coming off a KO loss? There was no controversy regarding that loss.

And the ONLY reason Rolly won that title which was supposed to be a gimme for him against a 40 y/o Barroso was because corruption was on full display again and once again they robbed the foreigner in the US.

The corrupt as sin ref whose job that night was clearly to do everything in his power to ensure Rolly won the fight called a blatant push a KD in Rolly's favour and then later dived and waved the fight off over nothing in what was one of the most brazen displays of corruption you'll ever see. Barrios was well on his way to beating Twink and the ref knew it and literally waved the fight off the first chance he got and the widespread outrage from fans was deafening

It wasn't the first time Rolly won a gift as foreigner Jackson Ramirez whooped his ass and was robbed blind by the three home judges. No one thinks Rolly won that fight

Isaac Cruz who is the current WBA champ won the belt of fake champ Rolly who needed an industrial amount of corruption to 'win' it against a 40 y/o Barroso. Rolly is garbage and he should have 4 losses on his record to Martinez, Barroso, Twink and Cruz.

Pedraza was the IBF champ at 130 and the WBO champion at 135

As for Twink's 'Three weight world champion'' status

He became a two weight 'world champion' after being paired up for the vacant WBA regular belt against a shot always chinny 38 y/o Cuban leprechaun Gamboa who'd stopped 2 of his last 11 opponents. Loma who Twink has been shamelessly ducking like crazy for seven years was the actual world champion not shot to hell 38 y/o Gamboa

And he became a three-weight 'world champion' when he beat Barrios for the good old WBA's regular belt who won that belt after the three home judges robbed his seven fight novice opponent

Everyone knows Josh Taylor was the only world champion at 140 because he was, duh, undisputed but apparently he ''brought nothing to the table'' other than his four world titles, Ring belt, and P4P ranking. Barrios brought more than him

FTR I think Twink is a really talented fighter and his skills and power are legit but the smoke and mirrors is off the charts and he's been ducking Loma for seven years and the truly elite guys in every division he's fought in

Dynamicpuncher likes this.
  10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    No I'm for same day weigh ins and if there are going to be rehydration clauses they should be mandatory across the board by the sanctioning orgs.

11. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I'm for same day weigh ins, but rehydration clauses are the second best option imo.

I wish more fighters insisted on them until it became common practice.

12. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I wouldn't have a problem if the sanctioning orgs mandated them across the board so that there was a weight cap on how much fighters can rehydrate before they climb into the ring. We'd see much more fighters fighting at their natural weight or closer to it then

Wizbit1013 and lufcrazy like this.
  13. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    That's what I mean. For me every rehydration clause is a step in the right direction.

Serge likes this.
  14. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Loma beat Haney

Serge and IronMaster like this.
  15. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Do you also disagree Floyd v Hoya was a split decision?

Do you disagree that Floyd v Nelo was an MD?