Tank shows there are levels in boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Olu knows that but he would never admit it. It took me ages to get him to ever so grudgingly admit that a same size Loma would beat Haney and he said he would slightly lean towards a same size Loma winning IIRC.

Loma is astronomically more skilled, greater and better than Haney is or ever will be and everyone knows a same size Loma would get arrested for committing legal homicide against Haney. Hell, even a prime Loma or just a 3, 2, or 1 division lighter Loma would knock his ass out. Now imagine what a 1, 2, 3 or 4 division heavier Loma with a near six inch reach advantage would do to Haney? Do you think a 4 division lighter Haney would even win a single round against him even if Loma chose to carry him for all 12 rounds? :lol:

I got into it with one of Haney's fans on YT once. These clowns are so dumb, biased and clueless they think Haney is way more skilled than Loma even though the complete opposite is so obviously true and that it was insane to suggest that Loma could even compete with him. This clown genuinely believed Loma stood zero chance against Haney and that Haney is some amazing sublimely skilled magician.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  2. glassbrains

glassbrains New Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2023
    There are, and Pitbull Cruz is a level above all of these dudes

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    No Loma lost to Haney.

4. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Floyd won both fights. I scored Floyd vs De La Hoya 116-112 in favour of Floyd and being generous to Oscar. As for the Canelo fight I scored it a shut out win for Floyd.

5. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    But the record books say SD and MD. So you agree with them right.

6. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Haney is no magician true but what is also true is that he did beat Loma when they fought by a deserved narrow decision. Those are the facts. You can surmise about hypotheticals all you want which is your right but the facts are when they fought Haney won as did Teo and Salido. No disrespect in the losses nor do they diminish Loma because all 3 were good champions. Haney is a good boxer who fought a dumb fight and Bill Haney’s strategy he gave Devin was stupid. The key for Devin to win was to box Garcia yet he was sent out to damage the guy. My gut feeling is Haney can come back as he is a good boxer but first and foremost you must fight to win not go out of character listening to critics of his style.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    It is what it is. Gave you my scorecards so it’s obvious I disagree with some of the scoring. Yes Haney beat Loma and it was unanimous.

8. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Do you agree with Lewis/Holyfield draw ? Do you think a draw was an accurate result ? How about Whittaker vs Chavez ? Did you score it a draw, yes or no ?

Scoring is subjective, official judges give their result and the scores are usually different, the fight itself does not change. This is why even fighters can disagree with the judges and if most disagree with the score then the win is controversial. Don't forget that

Majority Rule > Boxing Judges.

9. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Loma beat Haney in the boxing match they had and the judges robbed Loma

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    That’s your opinion which you are entitled to but it’s not mine. I am not trying to convince you nor can you convince me.

11. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Yep exactly and we all know pimp will just ignore this

12. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    There are people who think Haney won the same way there are people who think the earth is flat

IronMaster likes this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Sounds like you think earth is flat!

14. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    No Olu it is you who is living in denial. Loma was robbed just accept it.

IronMaster likes this.
  15. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Nothing to accept because he lost. You remain denial. Stop taking it heart it’s just boxing,