Taylor easily beats Lopez, Davis, Haney, Garcia

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TooBigTooStrong, May 23, 2021.

1. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    in a new round robin with ramirez and prograis, i expect taylor to take a loss. they are all 3 pretty closely matched. a couple smart adjustments by any of them could decide the outcome. 3 B level fighters not yet at A level. at 140, mikey is A level.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  2. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Not an unreasonable reply.

Cheers!!

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    PBF fought Maidana because he was more deserving of the fight. Maidana just beat Broner in the biggest upset of the year. Mean while Khan was coming off looking like **** and was hurt badly against Julio Diaz. Maidana took Broner's belt, Khan didn't have a belt. Khan had a following and those casuals helped him win that poll but the real poll was conducted here on a boxing site and Maidana won hands down.

Khan's style had nothing to do with it, infact stylistically Khan is a an easier style for PBF than Maidana who's an awkward slugger and unpredictable. Khan is a boxer puncher he's an orthodox fighter who's easy for PBF to figure out and outbox by PBF who's an superior outboxer. Khan is too flawed to present a serious challenge to PBF, he's not beating PBF at his game it's wishful thinking to suggest anything else.

4. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    it was a good fight.
    Ramirez lacks the total package skillset
    But Josh was extremely cautious which is out of his norm.

that’s called respect for your opponent.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  5. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    easy, prograis rematch should be next.

Pimp C likes this.
  6. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Some serious bias there.

Mayweather follows the money, Khan was the money and was still on a roll. Yet he fought Maidana instead. Khans leftover, something you judged Pac a lot on for fighting opponents May already beat but you’re not applying the same logic here.

Floyd conducted HIS own Twitter poll, he should be following his own Twitter poll, not some poll on some other site.

it was a clear avoidance by Floyd to find out how he would do against that style. Khan would have presented Floyd serous issues in the same way Judah did until Floyd broke Judah down.

In fact that’s a very good reference fight because Judah and Khan had similar attributes if they were game characters. Maximum on speed and good skills with suspect chins, except Khan was even faster than a prime Judah, taller and rangier.

Khan cited the same reason as to why he thought he could beat Floyd. Floyd 100% knew that.

I’m 95% sure Floyd would have figured Khan out and countered him after 4-6 rounds, and watching that would have been extremely impressive as tbh, nobody has outboxed Khan yet. Even Crawford didn’t do so, he just outright bullied Khan with his power and made Khan so hesitant to commit to his punches because of the counterpunches coming. Maybe that’s the effect Floyd would have had too but he hits nowhere near as hard as bud.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Fair post!
    Maidana was the far hotter fighter at the time, he had a new trainer and was on the way up. Khan was seen as trying to rebuild himself back then those are facts. The poll was a dumb idea but boxing fans preferred Maidana as noted by the poll done here in which Maidana won. Ironically, I wanted him to fight Khan back then but at the end of the day he made the right decision because Maidana was more deserving than Khan at that point and ended up giving him a better fight than what Khan would have done. You bring up whose ever outboxed Khan but I counter with who's ever outboxed PBF? I trust PBF in a battle of outboxers but then again that's just me.

Zab and Khan fight nothing alike one is a counter punching southpaw the other a orthodox boxer puncher they couldn't be anymore different. Zab stylistically was harder for PBF because unlike Khan he was more explosive could beat him to the punch and counter him because he was a better natural athlete than PBF was. Khan is not faster than Zab and he didn't punch harder and couldn't beat PBF to the punch, he's a flashy shoe shining combo puncher that type of speed isn't effective against PBF. About the only thing they share in common is both are front runners, chinny, mentally weak can't adjust and fall apart in big fights.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  8. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Taylor looks a very good fighter in a strong division. Prograis, Postol, Vasquez, Ramirez and Baranchyk are very good names to have on the resume at this stage.

StarkyMajor likes this.
  9. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Prograis beat Abel Ramos, Julius Indongo, Juan Heraldez, Terry Flanagan and Kiryl Relikh. Redkach isn't even close to his best win and your disingenuous attempt at making out that he is shows you're either clueless or lying to support an agenda you have.

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  10. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    Both Khan and Judah relied heavily on their speed whilst being fragile at the same time. That’s similar enough.

Judah beat Floyd to the punch because he was that bit faster but he was not the better counterpuncher, so it was his speed that gave him some success. Khan is absolutely faster than Judah. Khan was faster on single punches than a prime Pac so that’s saying a lot.

Khans range coupled with one of the fastest hands ever would have been a nightmare for Floyd. It’s basically the Hearns vs Floyd comparison minus the devastating power and 6’1 height.

And I know someone is gonna come along and ask if I just compared Khan to Hearns...

As for nobody having ever outboxed Floyd. No one. But as I said, Judah gave him outboxing problems. If Khan was that bit taller, that much faster, maybe he’d have given him even more problems.

As I said, I’m pretty positive that Floyd would have times Khan to offset that speed and wash the 2nd half of the fight, but it would have been interesting to see. Certainly, malignagi, Alexander and Judah couldn’t do it, khan looked extremely dominant against them exactly for the reasons I mentioned above.

Here is Khan vs Judah for reminder on range and speed difference. And this Judah was past it but he just recently came off taking Mathysee’s “0””

This content is protected

And oh, here’s Floyd selling the Kahn fight - he knew it made money and made sense
    This content is protected

11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Why not.
    Every one wish to be Money Floyd, no one in reality wish to be Pretty Boy Floyd and the same is about Golden Boy and al lot of european or EE boxers here.
    On the roll or no, money is true belt for pro boxing here and there. Comfort and money.

U wanna to be Pretty Boy or Golden Boy or young Loma, Usyk, etc fighters?
    Or money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$;);):)

There was only 1 alone Golden Boy FOREVER. Only one will be forever.

12. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    there’s no evidence for any of those guys being better than Redkach. Maybe Ramos but Prograis beat him many years ago.

Don’t know where to rate indongo. He’s not very good but he has a decent record.

140 is just very weak...

I’d like to see how any of them does against Mikey for example.

13. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    m8, wtf r u on?

14. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Taylor unified the same division as Crawford by fighting Crawfords leftovers and a few b level fighters somehow his resume is better? How?

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  15. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    U don't know who is Golden Boy and why?

dangerousity likes this.