Taylor easily beats Lopez, Davis, Haney, Garcia

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TooBigTooStrong, May 23, 2021.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I have to correct you on something here Khan is not faster than Zab nor is he faster than PBF. PBF and Zab can throw one punch faster than Khan can. PBF has faster reflexes than Khan and if they fought you would have seen PBF as the faster fighter in the ring from the opening bell. People like you thought Pac was faster than PBF of both hand and foot until they met in the ring and PBF was clearly the faster fighter and I tried telling people like you this for years. Often people mix up being able to throw fast combos as having faster hand speed when in boxing being able to throw one shot fast is more usable and more important. Can Khan and Pac throw combos faster than PBF? Yes! But neither is faster at throwing one punch than he is.

You're overrating Khan's boxing abilities he's a front runner who looks good early or when he has outclassed his opponent. When faced with adversity he folded more than not. Khan isn't Hearns he didn't have his power length or skills so throw that comparison away. Zab gave PBF problems because like I said previously he was southpaw for starters and PBF knew Zab was a better natural athlete who more was explosive and had power he could beat him to the punch and counter him. With Khan he wouldn't have that problem because he's faster than Khan is he does not have faster reflexes than PBF. If Khan decides to try and jump in and out and throw shoe shine combos PBF will either beat him to the punch counter or exchange with him catch him and probably hurt or drop his chinny ass and the fight is over. Nothing in Khan's career shows you he has the skills or the mental toughness to beat PBF, nothing. To me this is wishful thinking just like people do with Margo, PBF didn't fight him so he gives PBF fits. Yet if PBF had fought him and beats him 10-2 then it's just another win over a cherry picked opponent who was chinny and he had a favorable stylistic match up with and PBF wouldn't get any credit for the win and he ducked the far more deserving fighter in Maidana. PBF can't win with people like you. Khan isn't good enough pick someone like Winky Wright if you want to bring up somebody who might have beaten PBF and then we can have a serious debate because Khan ain't it.

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  2. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Redkach has one notable win in his career, a shot Devon Alexander. He's crap.
    Relikh beat Barthelemy and Troyanovsky, was a world champ. Indongo beat Burns and Troyanovsky, was a unified world champ.
    Heraldez drew with Algenis Mendez, Redkach lost to him. Terry Flanagan beat Zepeda and Magdaleno, also being a world champ.
    These guys, except maybe Heraldez, are all clearly better than Redkach.

3. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    not gonna argue with the rest of your post as I partially agree with them.

But, Pac is faster than Floyd in both hands and feet. I thought that was clear in the fight.

Floyd outboxed Pac because he has the reach, clear as day. Pac has to travel longer, reach further, jump into better position to reach Floyd giving Floyd more time to counter. Floyd himself said so as much. He picked him from a distance and when Pac got close, tied him up. His own words.

Was no speed advantage by Floyd that won him the fight.

but hey it’s Floyd vs Pac and we’ll go round in circles around that topic forever.

And I disagree with not giving Floyd credit when he beats the fighter we ask for.

I give him full credit for the Canelo win (I don’t even buy into the green excuse unless it’s to point out hypocrisy), a ton of credit for the Pac win and some for the Cotto win. Those were the fighters I wanted him to test skills against.

Others were Paul Williams and Khan. I would have given him full credit for those too. Maybe not so much for Khan other than it was interesting to see how he could outbox him.

If I’m being honest, he would have shut Margo out 12-0 like baldomir unless Margo went for broke but even then, I see Floyd dancing away for 12, easily.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  4. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Fair points except the thing about speed. It was very clear that PBF was faster he moved around the ring faster and out maneuvered Pac establishing distance and range and beat him to the punch as early as the first round. He clearly had the faster reflexes and was the faster of the two he really showcased it in round 11 where he took Pac to school in that round, even RJJ said during that round that PBF was the faster fighter and his hands seemed to be almost 10 miles per hour quicker than Pac's when going from point A to point B. Not sure as to what fight you were watching to be honest.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  5. StarkyMajor

StarkyMajor New Member banned Full Member

May 25, 2021
    @dangerousity you are one of the most deluded clowns I've ever come across on the whole internet LOL. You've spent your entire life since Taylor won hating like a bitter insecure mentally ill loser. And not a single person is liking your posts or agreeing with you LOL

And then you have the cheek to try to boost up the absolute bum laughing stock Amir Khan . Who was in the weakest division where the likes of Mbaye, Rees, Witter , Kotelnik were playing pass the parcel with the belts. Man you deluded p***stanis make me laugh! Taylor has achieved in 18 fights and 6 years what that celebrity clown manufactured Khan could never come close to achieveing in his entire career across 4 divisions! Lol

There's levels and the multi flawed Khan could never be on Taylors level. Taylor would beat the **** out of any version of Khan easily. He's already way above and better than him in every way, and hes only half way through his career! Never been dropped, never lost, unified champ, top 5 p4p. Worked for everything under the radar the hard way, never got nothing given on a plate to him like Khan.

Stick to the taxi driving you little hating troll

6. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Combinations is the ultimate measure of hand speed. Single shots are more about timing, accuracy, and capitalizing on defensive lapses.

Why are combos the ultimate measure of hand speed? Because you can only throw another punch when you've recovered throwing the previous punch. Therefore, throwing fast combinations means you have fast recovery time. Fast recovery time means your hands are moving very fast.

7. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Of course Pac was slower he was fighting way above his natural weight. I'd love to see how fast GRJ would be at 147.

Pac at 126 had blinding speed. Marquez even said he was so much slower at 147 than he was at 126. He said he was knocked 3 times because he couldn't adjust to Pacs speed. He said he had to change his gameplan because Pac was so fast he couldnt even get his hand up to block the punch even when he saw it.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Wrong! Even RJJ said that PBF was faster during that fight. he was a speed merchant himself an excellent combo puncher and could throw one shot faster than anyone else with ATG reflexes, sorry I think he knows more about boxing than you do. Single shot speed is more usable and better in a boxing match. Flashy shoe shine combos are worthless especially against PBF who doesn't get hit with combos. Being able to be first is better. PBF has faster reflexes than Pac and is the faster fighter of both hand and foot.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  9. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011

I see you doing a little up grading Pimp. lol

Pimp C likes this.
  10. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Hes faster at 147, but make no mistake. Pac at 126 showed greater speed than either of them.

Like I said single shot speed is more about timing, accuracy, etc. Its impossible to throw combinations without being fast because you can only throw a second punch after you recovered. There was a guy on youtube who measure their speed. Pacquiao was throwing punches and recovering faster than Mayweather. That's just a fact.

Shoe shine combos like Calzaghe and Camacho are one thing. Guys like Leonard and Pac threw combos with power behind them.

11. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I think Taylor and Garcia is a pickem. I think Prograis beats Taylor if they rematch. Taylor would absolutely beat Tank down. Tank is too small and pudgy for a 5'10 140 pounder who can box, and hit with power. I'd favor Taylor over the scrawney Haney. And also over Lopez.

12. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    lmao you sound triggered. Go find a safe space.

Im calling it as it is, Taylor has beaten no one. Most would pick Porter over him. Porter is not even on anyone’s radar for being the best around.

I can’t imagine any fighter being hyped as being that good of a fighter when people don’t even think he could beat the likes of Porter.

And don’t give me the 140 crap, Taylor’s as big as any of the WWs.

140 is weak as hell right now.

And for the record, Taylor comes off as likeable enough, don’t have any hate for the guy. However, I’d save the hype and bandwagon jumping until he actually does something to show he’s an A level fighter.

Im not even sure he could beat a talent like Tank, yet alone beat the sub-top tier guys at WW like Porter/thurman/danny. I could be wrong but this overhyping is very premature.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  13. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    Floyds single punch look faster because he’s going for single laser shots. Difficult to gauge, pac’s fastest shot is when he does the 1-2 and that “2” is going at full speed and power. Think of the JMM kd on the first fight. Most of the time he’s throwing combinations or larger swings.

Both Cotto and JMM said Pac was faster and they both fought Floyd. Maybe Oscar probably described the difference best:

“It’s different kinds of speed. Mayweather is a guy who times you. He’ll throw a fast shot and boom. Mayweather will not throw a combination. He’s not that type of fighter. A three or four punch combination, he’s not that type of fighter.

“He’ll throw a four, five, six, seven punch combination and [throw it] fast. I would say, today, both guys might be the same. A few years ago, four or five years ago, I would have gone with Pacquiao. Both guys have slowed down a bit but both are still pretty quick. I would have to say they’re even.”

14. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I think Taylor is pretty good. I don’t think he has hit his prime yet. I think the division is as strong as it’s ever been for the last decade. What’s makes it tough to judge it by is that the lineages have been broken several times and it’s more so a fly by weight class for ATGs.

KT was beaten by Hatton who was beaten by Pac, but Pac went back to 147, broken lineage.

My memory is a little fuzzy with the order of events, but it was a hot division with bunch of young guys in their primes. Had guys like Kahn, Maidana, Danny Garcia, Algiere, Alexander, Bradley. All prime fighters, but they all came up to 147. I think only Bradley and Alexander established a number 1 guy at 140 between all of them.

Bradley then came up to challenge Pacquiao so another broken lineage at 140. Garcia KO’d Kahn, then beat Mattyse looking like the number 1 guy at 140, came up to 147 and got beat by Thurman and another broken lineage. Mattyse and Postol fought and Postol was looking like the number 1 guy and then he got beat by Crawford who came up to 147, so another broken lineage. Then the current young lions were able to establish a pecking order and Taylor came out on top.

Basically the problem is that name of the top guys at 140 don’t stay very long, establish a reign and they keep going up to 147 to lose up there. The top dog doesn’t get a chance to showcase their own dominance because all the previous lineal champs keep moving up. Now that I typed all this and put some thought into it 140 is just a weak division overall.

As far as Taylor himself, he looks like he has the talent to go far, but I’d say he is far from a finished product. I view him like the other previous 140 champs. He is a good young fighter that would get eaten at 147. He has good skills and movement, but ate too many shots from Ramirez who is pretty slow and throws his shots wide open. If he took that many shots against Porter, Spence or Crawford he would get stopped. I’d actually favor Pacquiao to beat him right now. However if his team develops him right he could become a dominant champ at 140 for a few years and win titles at 147.

15. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I'd favor Taylor but none of those fights would be easy.

HellSpawn86 and DON1 like this.