Taylor v Catterall 2, 27th April, Leeds

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ash234, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Coybig

Coybig Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Yeah, he didn't look fresh at all, until the scuffle at the head to head and it sparked some life in to his eyes.
    I know someone that's mates with Taylor's mates, and apparently he's absolutely not one for living the life and being the ultimate professional. Hope to **** he zones in for this fight and obliterates cuddly Catterall.

2. finzwinz

finzwinz Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    It’s a really interesting fight this regardless of the back story.

I flick between thinking Josh is cashing out, then to him winning handily. The truth of the matter is that Catterall is still relatively untested against elite competition. If you take Taylor’s excuse about the first fight at face value, then Jack could be on for a hiding here if Taylor is able to fight at even the level of his Teo fight.

Jack really has a terribly weak resume which has been papered over by the controversy of the first fight. I mean, what’s his best win: O’Hara Davies or an old and washed up linares? It really is slim pickings there.

if it turns out Taylor wins easily, it would suggest that the first fight was a blip against an out of sorts taylor. In that case you’ve gotta say Jack struck it lucky getting the big payday considering his resume.

3. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Just reading your post I was thinking is he actually getting a big payday for this? I would be surprised. The first fight was a stinker and he has zero following. If it is on PPV, they can scuffle at the press conferences all they want, no one is going to buy it. If it isn’t the purses will be dramatically reduced even more.

4. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    Catterall isn’t helping the Simple Jack thing by telling all the media outlets that he can read and write :lol: “I love colouring and I like crayons”

This content is protected

Furey, Coybig and Beale like this.
  5. ZiggyBowie

ZiggyBowie Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2022
    But Catterall did beat Taylor. So 2 judges didn’t see it that way, but just about everybody else did.
    One of the biggest injustices seen in a British boxing ring in many a year.

Sonny1 and Holler like this.
  6. ZiggyBowie

ZiggyBowie Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2022
    And you don’t think he is taking the ****

7. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Apparently MR bid big for this.

Sonny1 likes this.
  8. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    No mate, he's thick as fck

Beale likes this.
  9. Brumsongs

Brumsongs Member Full Member

May 29, 2021
    Taylor does villainy really well.

10. Coybig

Feb 22, 2020
    He was gubbed, you seen it in the documentary. I know he's far from a good professional but in that particular fight/camp, he was mega struggling due to injury and illness.

If Taylor can fight to the level where he beat Davies, Barynchk, Prograis and Ramirez ... He'll end Catterall's already shite career. I'm not sure he can recapture that form though.

But he didn't beat him.

Furey and Beale like this.
  11. Coybig

Feb 22, 2020
    Giving him 'wee tadger' was good. Jim white burst out laughing, don't think Simon cottoned on haha

Furey likes this.
  12. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Josh Taylor is a shot fighter.

Catterall PTS

tdf1974 and DoubleG95Fanatic like this.
  13. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Jim White managed to get these to shake hands......twice!! about an hour ago on Talksport.

14. crixus85

crixus85 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    How on earth Catterall ever became a mandatory for a title shot was odd in the first place. Sitting on the sidelines taking step aside, while Taylor did the heavy lifting.
    I thought he edged it over a poorly prepared, Taylor.
    However, in a way, perhaps, it was poetic justice, that he was pipped at the final hurdle, having played it safe for so long. Think it’s called Karma!

Beale likes this.
  15. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    I do not see the same fire and hunger from Taylor since he left the ring after winning all 4 belts against Ramirez a full 33 months ago.

He is done at the top table after all those wars and now 33 years of age.

Catterall will never be a World Champion unless he is gifted an Anthony Joshua Humble style vacant belt.