Taylor v Catterall 2 - Feb 4th, Glasgow, Sky PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, Nov 2, 2022.

1. GDM74

GDM74 Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2021
    I know Taylor lost to Catteral but this is a much better fight, and I hope and expect Taylor to put a beat down in Lopez. Taylor to KO him in rounds 7/9.
    I know people have gone off Taylor since the Catteral fight but he’s still one of our best, and doing it away from home too!

2. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Will this still be on Box Office in the UK?

SeanB1 and DramaShow like this.
  3. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    You’d presume not since it’s in the US. I don’t mind too much because I can just watch it the day afterwards.

I wonder if Sky have another PPV planned. It makes me think that Smith Eubank II will definitely happen. We all know that Sky want to put on as many PPVs as possible.

Hopefully Catterall gets a big headline fight at the Manchester Arena in the meantime.

SeanB1 and Beale like this.
  4. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Unlikely that Sky put Taylor on PPV if he fights in the middle of the night UK time.

Beale likes this.
  5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    My guess is Top Rank have done a deal with BT given the likes of Meyer is on the Joyce card.

heard that top rank did a license deal with Sky to get foot in the door to manoeuvre boxxer and I’m turn get a foothold in the UK. That hasn’t happened so they aren’t playing ball.

I Shot JR likes this.
  6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    With the BJS comments, not holing firm in the Eubank rematch clause and now messing this up for Catterall it’s starting to unravel at boxxer.

ZiggerZagger likes this.
  7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    He's got to be at brilliant spiteful best and fully focused and conditioned, months before the Catteral fight he looked like a disgrace for a unified World Champ. It's fine to be like that if you're a relative nobody but Josh Taylor was, in a lot of our eyes, the best British P4P boxer and he got slack. When I read that he said he'd been eating loads crap it really annoyed me because it just shows that moving to London, switching trainers and everything else that comes with that hasn't been good for him.

kevinreid001, SeanB1 and Beale like this.
  8. Jolly Jim Jacobs

Jolly Jim Jacobs New Member banned Full Member

Jan 20, 2023
    o_O

Some of us have got more important things to be worried about!

9. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    It’s defo on. His wife has posted on her fb asking which of her mates want tickets for his fight at MSG June 10th.

kevinreid001 and DramaShow like this.
  10. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I've heard there's more to come too.

SeanB1 likes this.
  11. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Who said anything about it worrying me? Shall we not discuss boxing on a boxing forum then? Shall we discuss our bills, the cost of living crisis etc. instead?

SeanB1 likes this.
  12. Jolly Jim Jacobs

Jolly Jim Jacobs New Member banned Full Member

Jan 20, 2023
    It wasn't my intention to anger you - apologies.

I just found it surprising that a middle-aged man would be really annoyed about a man who he has never met and his eating habits! I am quite a bit older than you and I can't say I have ever been emotionally impacted by a boxer in any way, shape or form. I appreciate that others may be more involved for whatever reason than I.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with bills, also. It is a tough time across the world, but you will come through it. Shucks, when I was in my early thirties I was one months' salary away from being out on the street for something like four months. Gotta stay positive and keep on fighting.