Taylor vs Baranchyk - Inoue vs Rodriguez

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by carlingeight, Apr 4, 2019.

1. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Great nights bothxing, well worth my 32 pound notes

Emerald Oracle and moog like this.
  2. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Sound mate. There was a scouse lad near me having a laugh with some random Scottish boys and a just put 2 and 2 together, obviously got 5!

3. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Emmanuel Rodriguez was on my flight to Dublin this morning but I bottled asking for a photo, like @Sugar Ray Sheepskin bottled a tear up with @Jurgen

Jurgen likes this.
  4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I bought more expensive tickets but what value when you think what people pay to see Pudding Whyte etc.

An opportunity to watch a future all time great in Inoue is a must for every boxthing fan.

Incredible speed and power.

I also found it strange that the arena was half empty for the Inoue fight with people having no idea what they were missing. The same people probably see two football players walking down the street and ask Scott Brown for his autograph while Messi walks past them unnoticed.

5. Shrewd_dude

Shrewd_dude Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Was a great night.

With all the recent PPV’s and the overwhelming frustration that is the current heavyweight division nights like last night remind you why you love boxing.

The WBSS really is the best thing to happen in boxing for years.

Accurate, Jurgen, velagod and 3 others like this.
  6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Let’s hope it continues.

7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Inoue is an insane talent, the power that little man has is terrifying, poor old Donaire!

DJN16 and Scissors like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Great night for my Glasgow debut. Inoue was very well supported and just devastating the the ring.

Taylor fight was very good, didn't score it but I though the KDs probably were the difference overall.

How did you guys score it?

NasalSpray, DJN16 and Scissors like this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I didn’t sit there and score it properly. I thought Josh was in the lead before the knockdowns and then Baranchyk came back and won a few rounds after and then Taylor finished the stronger. So the score cards were about right in my opinion.

nurological likes this.
  10. mccaughey85

mccaughey85 Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Good win for taylor but it was harder than I thought it would be, I thought baranchyk would be too open to shots and would get knocked out in the mid to late rounds. Either way baranchyk was strong and durable and managed to win quite a few rounds. If Taylor and prograis move up in the near future then baranchyk will be able to regain a title imo. The 115-111 scores were accurate and Taylor was quite cocky at the end claiming it was easy. Either way it will be great to see prograis Taylor, gonna be a 50/50 fight.

11. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree. Taylor’s a terrific fighter but does not use his jab nearly as much as he should, nor his footwork to get in and out range. Taylor has the footwork and he has the jab if he adds them consistently to his game he will be a special fighter imo.

DJN16, Twentyman and Scissors like this.
  12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Taylor will have learned a lot last night. He appears to prepare well and Shane is a bright trainer so last night was probably the perfect fight going into the final. He needs to improve and last night outlined that for him. I fancy him to make adjustments and go all the way. Don't forget last night was a step up and he came through it well.

Emerald Oracle likes this.
  13. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Glad I went last night, quality night of boxing and having watched it back it confirmed how class Taylor was. If he keeps on improving he's going to be world class for years to come. Some of those combinations, from both fighters were immense.

NasalSpray likes this.
  14. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Inoue was just quality. I rate Rodriguez highly as well.
    I didn't score it either but Taylor definitely won.

Scissors likes this.
  15. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    To be fair I'd rather get broony's autograph than Messi's lol It's the same with most events though, people just drink in the concourse til the main event comes on, I find it mental considering you can just do that in the pub and spent much less.