Taylor vs Baranchyk - Inoue vs Rodriguez

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by carlingeight, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Impressive. I don't think the TV coverage had many of those fights, at least from memory. I don't recall seeing Postol for example.

2. Injin Chi

Injin Chi Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Was promised some news today:

This content is protected

Elsewhere I've heard Tommy Philbin and Chantalle Cameron mentioned and/or confirmed.

3. cam2010

cam2010 Member Full Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Cameron and Lee McGregor have both announced they are on undercard

4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Wham Bam Chan - great stuff

NasalSpray likes this.
  5. cam2010

Apr 16, 2011
    Just need an opponent now

6. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Lee McGregor will just be in a ticking over fight then I assume, cos he's due to fight Scott Allen on the MTK card in Glasgow next month.

cam2010 likes this.
  7. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Dont know why they didnt get the undercard out there earlier or some big fights for local boxers. Seems crazy. Heard Brophy was to fight for the British but pulled out injured -- that would have been a good attraction for Scottish fans

8. Frazerbob

Frazerbob New Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Former World Champion Paul Butler and undefeated IBF number one contender Apinun Khongsong have been confirmed as the reserve fighters for the World Boxing Super Series Semi-Finals at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland on May 18.

The ‘Baby Faced Assassin’, Butler, will be on standby for the hotly anticipated bantamweight brawl between the ‘Monster’ Naoya Inoue and Emmanuel Rodriguez, while Khongsong is ready to step in for the super-lightweight showdown between local hero Josh Taylor and the ‘Beast’ Ivan Baranchyk.

“I’m really excited to be reserve once again,” said Butler, who was previously on call for the quarter-final clash between Ryan Burnett and Nonito Donaire last November at the SSE Hydro. “I loved the whole show and set up last time in Glasgow so I’m looking forward to getting back there. It’s a great card that I can’t wait to sit back and watch myself as a fan.” If not called upon as a reserve, the 30-year-old from Cheshire will be set for his own eight-round contest on the card.

“I’m excited to attend the WBSS tournament in Glasgow,” said Thailand’s Apinun Khonsong. “Both Baranchyk and Taylor are both very good boxers but I am also one of the best at 140lbs so this is my golden opportunity if I may fight on May 18. Whether I fight or not, my power punch will one day make me a world champion.”

With four of the biggest names in world boxing in action, vying to book their place in the finals for the coveted Muhammad Ali Trophy, fans in Glasgow can look forward to a spectacular night of boxing at the SSE Hydro, which will also feature a stacked undercard showcasing the very best of British boxing.

Rising super middleweight star Zach Parker is back following his British title win over Darryll Williams at the SSE Hydro in November last year, and having been kept out of the ring by a shoulder injury sustained in this bout, can now renew his World title charge with a comeback fight against Steven Crambert.

Edinburgh’s ‘Lightning’ Lee McGregor, an IBF Youth and Commonwealth Bantamweight Champion, will look to continue his impressive five-fight KO streak against the Spain-based Nicaraguan-native Cristian Narvaez.

Fresh from a second-round stoppage win over Feriche Mashauri and awaiting a WBC World title eliminator against Anisha Basheel, Northampton’s Chantelle Cameron returns to the ring to face Hungary’s Bianka Majlath.

Having secured a first-round technical knockout win over Dominik Landgraf at the last World Boxing Super Series event in Glasgow, Scottish super middleweight Tommy Philbin is back against British rival Harry Matthews.

Super bantamweight southpaw Reece McFadden, from Motherwell, enters his third professional fight following a TKO win over Stefan Sashev, and will test his ‘Fast Hands’ against Bulgaria’s Georgi Georgie.

Tickets for the Monster WBSS Semi-Finals night, Ivan Baranchyk vs Josh Taylor and Naoya Inoue vs Emmanuel Rodriguez on 18 May at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland are on sale now from TheSSEHydro.com

All the action will be live on DAZN in the U.S. and Sky Sports in the U.K.

Source: WBSS

Holler and DJN16 like this.
  9. cam2010

Apr 16, 2011
    Chantelle’s fight is not a definite

lencoreastside likes this.
  10. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Sky must only be showing the 2 main events on Saturday, coverage doesn't start til 9pm

11. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Taylor might be my favourite fighter right now. Class skills and has some spite which I really like. Hope he wins.

Accurate likes this.
  12. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Rodriguez is no gimme. I’ll be impressed if ionue dominates him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he makes inoue look bad....well relatively bad anyway!

Accurate and Holler like this.
  13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’ve bet that it goes to points for the better odds. Rodriguez is the bigger man but that Inoue has to be one of the biggest punchers in boxing. He is such a brilliant boxer, too.

lencoreastside likes this.
  14. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    The cheapest seats have sold out, others still available. Should be a great atmosphere.

15. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Roll on Saturday!

carlingeight and Jurgen like this.