Taylor Vs Lopez this weekend.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Austinboxing, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Austinboxing

Austinboxing British Boxing fan Full Member

Jul 8, 2021
    At first I was angry when the fight was announced cause I thought Catteral deserved a rematch but the prospect of the fight is starting to excite me now. It should be pretty entertaining as both men have there careers on the line. Neither can afford to lose this fight. I actually think Lopez will win. Even though his form hasn’t been great recently I think he’ll have a turn back the clock performance and KO Taylor.

2. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    ill take taylor to dish a career altering beating. teo doesnt have it mentally to beat taylor outside of also lacking the skill. taylor at 65% beats him comfortably.

3. Austinboxing

Jul 8, 2021
    What’s Taylor gonna do? Slap and miss for 12 rounds? That’s what he did against Catterall. How is he gonna beat on Lopez when he can’t even land a punch?

Gareth Priest likes this.
  4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    If Lopez wins it's because Taylor is dead at the weight leaving him vulnerable to Lopez's power.

Lopez is up against a much bigger man who will look to close range and bully him physically on the inside, digging in shots up close. So he needs to be able to keep Taylor off him. His counters will help as will his use of the shoulder, two things Catterall used to stunt Taylor's inside work. But Lopez is missing one crucial aspect of Catterall's skill set and that is clinching. Catterall shut down Taylor for the most part with his clinching up close leaving Taylor trying to box from the outside with Catterall where he's shockingly not very good given his physical dimensions.

I see Lopez having some success early with his speed, counters and power, but as the fight carries on, he'll start coming off second best in the exchanges and forced back much like later in the Loma fight but this time he's not facing a smaller man but a bigger man and he'll be ground down and either loses a decision or is stopped late. Probably a decision.

5. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Really good post. I see it the same way, although I do think there is a not insignificant chance that Taylor is dead at the weight and will get stopped.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  6. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Taylor is a considerably superior fighter to Lopez. And Catterall would probably dominate and break Lopez down. I expect Taylor to piece Teo up outside and he’ll get ontop of Teo if he smells weakness from there. This is where Lopez’s biggest chance lies, in his uppercuts and hooks, but that’s only as Taylor comes in, because even inside Taylor is much better than Teo.

Taylor should win, but Lopez has home advantage (for some reason), and it opens the door to suspicious happenings when this is the case.

If Teo isn’t upto par on the inside (to catch Taylor good to atleast make him hesitant), Taylor will stop him. And Lopez’s only chance IMO is a flash KO with his speed on a drained Josh Taylor.

The right hook Martin caught Lopez with all night alone is something Taylor has shown in numerous fights, he has a great counter right hook, and more powerful than Martin’s also. But Lopez is open to just about every punch in the book anyway.

7. James Hudson

James Hudson Active Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2018
    So ur basing Taylors chances on his very worst ever performance then? Im holding on to the idea that Taylor really CANT be that bad 2 fights running....if he is then he is done

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  8. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I got Taylor stopping him late.

elmaldito and Toney F*** U like this.
  9. Austinboxing

Jul 8, 2021
    You seem to be judging Lopez based of his worst performance. So let’s judge them based on their best performances. Lopez demolished the greatest p4p fighter in the world whilst Taylor beat Ramirez who wasn’t even top 30 p4p.

10. James Hudson

James Hudson Active Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2018
    I
    I DIDNT judge Lopez on anything...go back and read it again?? If ur going to respond to me at least come back starting with something factual in ur statement ffs!!!

11. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I'll take Taylor to pull this off in a fun fight. This should guarantee some good action.

elmaldito and Toney F*** U like this.
  12. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Taylor should have little to no problem pummeling Lopez. Teo’s only hope is Taylor coming in completely drained again, which isn’t completely out of question tbh.

elmaldito and Hanz Cholo like this.
  13. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Heart wants Josh to retire this scumbag.

Head says Josh is faded and drained, and Fimo will be too fast.

Easyrhino likes this.
  14. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Has there even been a presser for this fight? Been trying to find one on YT for weeks but haven't seen anything.....only thing I've seen was the little back and forth over whatsapp or whatever it was whilst JT was in Liverpool & Teo in the States somewhere.

15. JesseT

JesseT New Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2022
    Taylor did beat Prograis, who is as good as they come, I would say thats his best performance.