TBS + UFC FP: Kazuto Ioka vs. Aston Francis Melos Palicte & Hiroto Kyōguchi vs. Tanawat Nakoon RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I totally disagree, that was a savage finish he ate it all wide eyed. It looked more like Castillo/Corrales than anything controversial. Who knows what one more shot, three more seconds, etc would have done. And the people that shouldn't want to have found out the most are Palicte's cornermen.

Chuck Norris and Badbot like this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Nah. Fair. He got bombed on.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  3. PinoyProdigy

PinoyProdigy Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I think it was fair. I don't think Palicte was super hurt but mostly exhausted. When you're taking that much unanswered punches, you should know that you're really putting the ref at a situation where he has to make the call. Palicte should have clinched or at least taken a knee but I guess that's where his inexperience came into play, that and his stamina. Hopefully he gets back and gets another shot because he's truly talented, but Ioka was the better man.

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He should have taken a knee, or grabbed and held, he wasn't that badly hurt, he could have recovered a little, it was mostly the volume of shots that he couldn't defend against, they weren't all that thudding, but Ioka would have probably just jumped on him, rocked him again, and stopped him anyway. So no, it was a fine stoppage.

Chuck Norris and IntentionalButt like this.
  5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Hiroto Kyōguchi vs. Tanawat Nakoon, 12 rounds @ light flyweight

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Kyōguchi dealt out massive damage to head & body in the opener, but Nakoon was able to roll out and escape the pocket before getting into dire straits each time.

10-9 Kyōguchi

Chuck Norris likes this.
  7. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    It's not that ease to clinch or take a knee when your groggy, because your not able assimilate what's going on.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...even Kyōguchi's left jab is like a 90mph fastball, Jesus...

Nakoon running like Forrest Gump in there. Kyōguchi growing wilder as he is forced to lunge, missing with lead uppercuts while leaping in from a mile off. Still landing more than enough jabs upstairs and hard far-reaching wind-sail left hooks on the liver to easily outscore Nakoon, although some light right jabs and sneaky lefts on the body are getting through for Nakoon on the backfoot and between sideways leans. Story of the fight so far is good defense vs. better offense. Kyōguchi happy to whiff a good deal, playing the numbers, and so far not gassing himself out.

10-9 Kyōguchi

20-18 Kyōguchi

Chuck Norris likes this.
  9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    If he was that groggy, the stoppage was absolutely perfect. :deal:

Chuck Norris likes this.
  10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Kyōguchi is engaging Nakoon in a close-up swordfight, orthodox jab versus southpaw. Kyōguchi dropping his arm to hook Nakoon hard in the sides. Nakoon ducking & dipping as he slides his feet backward, occasionally dusting Kyōguchi's torso with quick light combos of right hooks and poking straight lefts. Pretty even tit-for-tat round, heaviest stuff landed by the champ.

10-9 Kyōguchi

30-27 Kyōguchi

Chuck Norris likes this.
  11. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Oh no I think the stoppage was good.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Nakoon working the southpaw 1-2 very nicely, walking Kyōguchi onto it like a dog on a leash. BIG left hooks on the body from Kyōguchi, but chucking them is sapping his energy, leaving him needing long inert (or at least slow-paced) recuperative periods during which the on-the-ball challenger is lighting him up from medium-long range. Nakoon getting frisky, colliding with Kyōguchi while smacking in an underhanded left uppercut on the upper thigh/belly, and then scooting away from Kyōguchi's body shot counter attempt.

10-9 Nakoon

39-37 Kyōguchi

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Nakoon starts the fifth jabbing very nicely, scoring & stepping laterally in one motion. Kyōguchi dives in with a butter-churning uppercut-combo feint, and then instead rips a hook on the body or jabs Nakoon hard in the face. Nakoon is walked onto the ropes, where he pot shots with right jabs while trust-falling and bouncing his back against them. Nakoon threading his way around Kyōguchi's jab landing a split-trajectory 1-2.

10-9 Kyōguchi, very close, honestly could have gone the other way.

49-46 Kyōguchi

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Kyōguchi reasserts himself with the stiff left jab from a high guard, walking Nakoon down. Nakoon piercing the guard with a few well-placed right jabs but then getting bum-rushed on the ropes and shredded downstairs. Nakoon able to wriggle free and score a couple of left hand leads while stepping to his left. Kyōguchi feigns a jab and catches Nakoon with an unexpected line drive right beneath the chin, stretching his neck like a Pez dispenser. Kyōguchi has now found a defensive rhythm on the front-foot, ducking Nakoon's jabs to slip & counter effectively with lead rights and body shots. Nakoon still making him miss a lot but the connects edge has swung back largely in the champ's favor.

10-9 Kyōguchi

59-55 Kyōguchi

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Nakoon is pelting Kyōguchi's hips with both hands while planting his feet and dropping into a squat, then pulling anchor to dash off in an outward spiral. Kyōguchi steamrolls him into the ropes once more, tenderizing his body with uppercuts. Kyōguchi then starts headhunting and Nakoon's usual slickness causes his landing percentage to drop, keeping with the pattern of the match so far. Kyōguchi having more success when he feints, able to fake Nakoon out with a lulling jab before launching at him with a hard 1-2 and knocking him forcefully against the ropes. Kyōguchi then fakes a left hook and instead smacks Nakoon upside the head with a looping right at the bell.

10-9 Kyōguchi

69-64 Kyōguchi