Teófimo Andrés López, Jr. vs. George Kambosos, Jr. & Azinga Fuzile vs. Kenichi Ogawa RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 27, 2021.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Disagree, for whatever tweaks or alterations Teófimo makes in a rematch they'll be canceled out by the fact that Kambosos will already have the confidence of knowing he can trade shots with him and beat him - and he won't have that awful stiff nervousness that he brought into the first couple of rounds, when I thought for sure Kambosos looked on his way to getting KTFO. He'll start out much calmer in a rematch, which can only mean getting control of López even faster. George is clearly the better mover and smarter, more adaptable boxer and so if you take away those "big stage, bright light" jitters that he shook off a quarter of the way into this one, he's going to do even better next time. Wide decision without getting dropped.

2. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Fk a rematch...I Wanna see Big Mowt Lopez Snr get a hiding from Kambosos Snr...Lopez Snr looks like skinny reptile
    that just shed its skin...

3. Kishnabe

Kishnabe Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    There should never be a Rematch Clause for a Mandatory Defense. Glad Teofimo didn't get one. Probably thought it was an easy work, don't want to pay extra for the Rematch clause.

Maybe if Teofimo was with Rematchroom, they would have got it for him at their own expense.

djfonti and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: I didn't actually know that about the rematch. Is that just because Kambosos was a mandatory? Either way, that makes it even more ironic and even more delicious

This content is protected

Remember what he said about travelling to fight undisputed four-belt king Josh Taylor, too?

'And while Lopez would relish a clash with the Brit, he draws the line at coming to his home city of Edinburgh.

Speaking to Mirror Fighting ahead of his first title defence against George Kambosos Jr on June 19 as part of Triller Fight Club, Lopez said: "I won't take that fight in the UK.

"Not because I don't believe I would beat him in the UK, it's just that I can see how much of the animosity there is from folks caring that I'm 'not undisputed' at 135, so I could just see the favouritism over there.

"That fight will be somewhere over here, but at the end of the day I'm slowly becoming a cash cow in this division and these guys can make a better paycheque fighting me where I choose.''

Another have gloves won't travel ''warrior'' :facepalm:

Yeah I like Kambosos a lot, he's very likable, comes across really well, is charismatic, is a road warrior and he has a great accent :lol:

5. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Did you understand the question , clearly you did not. Can only Loma have a bad night , or can Lopez have one too? Try a second time.

6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I fully understood it and responded as I saw fight. No need to try again. LMAO

iii likes this.
  7. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I thought the fight could be argued a draw, doesn't mean it can't easily be seen as a loss for Teofimo. Boxing is subjective and arguments are made all the time. The right man won.

8. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    It's too bad Loma and Lopez are really 2 weight divisions apart at this point. They were 1 division apart when they met the first time but now, unfortunately, it looks like they won't fight again. Id love to see Lopez fight Crawford. Ha!

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  9. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    He is his own biggest fan! Seriously, the more he speaks, the more I dislike him. Kambosos put on a great show in Teo’s backyard. I respect guys who are willing to do this, like Usyk.

I’ve been checking out a few Twitter threads and comments on YouTube. Too many people are cutting Teo too much slack. They are blaming his father but he’s a grown ass man and has always been a punk. It’s just more obvious now because he’s had more microphones in his face lately. That punk routine looks particularly bad after a loss.

Proposed drinking game! Check out any Teo interview and have a shot every time he refers to himself in the third person, or says “end of the day”,”keep it real” or “it is what it is”. He is an inarticulate boob.

10. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Davis would knock Lopez out.

MarkusFlorez99 and JacK Rauber like this.
  11. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Still waiting for Juanma Lopez vs. Wilfredo Vasquez's trainer!

CST80, Jackman65 and iii like this.
  12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah me too. Kambosos is a stud.

No doubt his old man is where he gets a lot of his arrogance and ugliness from, but, as you say, he's a punk.

I was actually a fan of his when he first came up, but when I saw how disrespectful both he and his old man were towards Loma and and Papachenko, which was completely unprovoked, and the irrational hatred they had for Loma I went off him quick time

:lol: I might try that

13. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Damn, that trainer showed why he’s a trainer. Slipping punches, countering, throwing accurate combos! He was close to getting a KO! Awesome stuff!

CST80 and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  14. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I think you're right. That would be an interesting fight.

15. Hitmanstyle

Hitmanstyle Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2013
    I watch a fight. I score a fight. Just how I had it.

I’m not sitting here trying to change hearts and minds.

oldcanvasback likes this.