Teófimo Andrés López vs. Masayoshi Nakatani & Maksim Kaibkhanovich Dadashev vs. Subriel Matías RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jul 19, 2019.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

rorschach51 and JacK Rauber like this.
  2. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree with you fully on the Compubox stats. I think they shade them toward the moneymaker, the up and comer, the champ. After all, Compubox is just some guy or several guys pressing a button any time they see a meaningful punch land. Very subjective.

ShovelHook, Badbot and Boon like this.
  3. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    Continuing with Compubox I'm sure all of us who have watched a lot of boxing have seen bouts where the punches that are counted are tallied as they land, and you are thinking what the hell are they doing. The other guy just landed 3 big shots and he gets 1 meaningful punch credited while the favorite lands 1 and they give him 3. Crazy stuff. For those of you who watch tennis, you have probably noticed the same thing with Hawk Eye. Hawk Eye replays a point and shows it as a computer-generated mark on the court. Sometimes it is laughable how off Hawk Eye is. Not even close. What someone needs to do sometime in one of these close, controversial fights is to go back through it in slo-mo and tally each punch as it lands. I'll bet we would find that Compubox in many instances is EGREGIOUSLY wrong.

4. Somachenko

Somachenko The Matador Team Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    You have no clue what you’re talking about my friend. I’ve shown a great deal of concern over Maxim. It was a legitimate question if you were watching the show. To come in 12 hours later like that and act like I was being insensitive in the slightest when you have no context is *****-made

rorschach51 likes this.
  5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Alright, calling a moratorium on escalation there. I like you both, Smoak & Soma, don't want to see this snowball. Let's chalk it up to a miscommunication during a time of emotions flaring high and move on. :thumbsup:

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006
    Where in the world did you get the idea that Sismundo is crap?

He may not be a elite but he is generally a solid test for prospects. He beat Dierry Jean(although he got robbed) and Maduma.

7. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    God bless Tim, I'll always love that man.

CST80 likes this.
  8. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    6-6 looked about right tho it was really poor

This isn't going to be pretty in October!!!

9. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    1 - 10-9 Nakatani
    2 - 10-9 Nakatani
    3 - 10-9 Nakatani
    4 - 10-9 Lopez
    5 - 10-9 Lopez
    6 - 10-9 Lopez
    7 - 10-9 Lopez
    8 - 10-9 Nakatani
    9 - 10-9 Lopez
    10 - 10-9 Nakatani
    11 - 10-9 Nakatani
    12 - 10-9 Lopez

114-114 DRAW

a few swing rounds. No robbery as if I had to give it anyone it would be Lopez by maybe a round or two. But WAAAAAAAAAY closer than what the corrupt judges had it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Badbot likes this.
  10. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    :deal:

11. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
  12. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Compubox is usually grossly inaccurate.

Badbot and JacK Rauber like this.
  13. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    The more I think about Loma v Lopez the more I realise that Loma is going to have to be totally shot to **** to lose that fight.. other than his youth he is pretty much tailor-made for him.. people go on about how explosive and athletic et cetera he is based mainly on the Commey fight but Commey is a fairly basic fighter and hasn't really beaten anyone..

14. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree with you but I would say this is still a live fight, meaning Lopez has the power to take anyone out at this weight. When you look at the pedigree of the two fighters Loma is head and shoulders above Lopez. Lopez didn't make the US Olympic team but was able to fight for Honduras, where his family is from. He was 150-20 as an amateur. He was dominated by the French fighter, getting dropped and was beaten. What Lopez has going for him is his youth, his power and his feeling of invincibility. Of course, you have to give Loma a solid edge but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Lopez caught Loma. Loma is no spring chicken and has been put down by lesser punchers. If I were betting, though, I would definitely put my money on Loma.

Zhuge Liang and Liquorice like this.