Teddy Atlas: “GGG threatened DAZN that he leaves them if he doesn’t get the trilogy fight”

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gennady, Sep 20, 2019.

1. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    If Canelo fought & beat Derychenko would that have made GGG a mandatory for Canelo? I'M pretty sure that a win against Kovalev will not .... strange why Krusher but not chenko ???

BCS8 likes this.
  2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Khan calling out Floyd was fine. Khan sitting on the sidelines was not. And protecting his payday with Diaz, Collazo, Algieri, Vargas was not.

Similar to when Bradley dodged Khan hoping to get the Pacquiao fight. So he protected his payday with the Casa fight.

Chasing a fight against the best is what everyone should do.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  3. NaiKoN

NaiKoN M Power! Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Ignorant in terms of history of GGG and Universum promotion.

Prime Chavez Jr will beat Monroe Jr, but the problem that Canelon was not fighting prime Chavez Jr.
    That version of Chavez Jr will loose to many middleweights. There was basically a mummy of Chavez Jr on the ring...

BCS8 likes this.
  4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Agree. He was so dried out he could barely throw a punch. They could have used him for a prune commercial right after.

NaiKoN likes this.
  5. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    yes yes, monroe jr would beat chavez jr, yes. yes, dude. Sure, he will ko jcc jr in 5 actually.

If you are happy that's what's important dude. Be happy!

EDIT: gigi would have eaten his own defecation rather than move up in weight.

Oh! my bad! I didnt want to mean that. I wrote the sentence in past tense. NO no, in present, read it in present tense.

6. phishfannola

phishfannola New Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2019
    THere is absolutely no way GGG wants out of his DAZN deal. Here is an example: $1m to fight Martirosian and $15m to fight Rolls. Do you see the difference here? He still has 5 fights and $85m left. Why/how could he pass that up????

iii and Ph33rknot like this.
  7. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    This content is protected

Doesn't sound like that in this interview. He says he'll be looking for fights with Andrade, Charlo, Murata, Callum Smith and Saunders if he doesn't get Canelo after Derevyanchenko.

Ph33rknot and Dirsspaardis like this.
  8. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Their one common opponent did better against GGG.

9. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Their one common opponent was weight drained against Canelo and Golovkin was weight drained against him.

Furthermore Golovkin actually knocked Jacobs on his ass whereas Canelo never came close. In fact, Jacobs gave Canelo all sorts of problems late in their fight.

10. PunchersChance.

Nov 30, 2018
    Wow the excuses never stop. If Golovkin and Jacobs were ‘drained’ at 170lbs (they weren’t) then it’s high time they both made the move up to 168. Jacobs had way more size on Canelo than he did on Golovkin.

Ph33rknot and dinovelvet like this.
  11. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    What excuses? It's a FACT that GGG observed the IBF weight stipulations and Jacobs bloated up to as much as he could. It's a FACT that Canelo imposed huge penalties for rehydration on Jacobs and that Jacobs didn't want that.

Canelo has been a boiled down light heavy fighting at 154 for half his career then.

I await your fight night weights with interest.

iii and NaiKoN like this.
  12. PunchersChance.

Nov 30, 2018
    GGGs normal fight night weight is between 170-172, you’re just making it up as you go along. ‘Drained’ :facepalm:

Pertaining Jacobs/Canelo, Jacobs missed the rehydration clause by four pounds, and was 174 to Canelos 169. Weight is not the same as size anyway, I don’t know how many times this needs to be explained.

dinovelvet and yeyo monster like this.
  13. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    You are sad angry men! Look for therapy lol

dinovelvet likes this.
  14. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    You're an ignorant clown of limited intellect. Asinine posts such as yours merely reinforce my sense that there are some seriously challenged individuals out there.

15. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    He's about 175. It doesn't change the fact that Jacobs rehydrated normally and he did not.

Doesn't matter. He said he was 185 for Golovkin and being 10lb light makes a huge difference.

That's what I said but you don't seem to get it.