Teddy Atlas: “GGG threatened DAZN that he leaves them if he doesn’t get the trilogy fight”

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gennady, Sep 20, 2019.

1. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    hahaha, the only one who was not a tomato, and came from welter, dude. Dare to be great. After more than 10 years opening tomato cans in germany. hahaha, I have to laugh, dude.

2. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Canelo was not a welter when Golovkin fought him. You realise this, right? He was a bursting out-the-seams middleweight.

If that's a valid argument - and I use the term 'valid' loosely - then I guess GGG has fought and destroyed heavyweights, light heavyweights and super middles before.

iii likes this.
  3. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Well Canelo claims he’s 2-0 up, what logic is that called?

iii and BCS8 like this.
  4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Canel-O-Vision logic ;)

timeout, Rock0052 and Odins beard like this.
  5. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    The same Jacobs you claim is a testing himself win for Canelo since his rematch with GGG who has only faced bums since? I hope this is the fight Canelo cucks claim as Fielding was a bonafide bum.

Also Derevyanchenko/Jacobs was close, I had it a draw.

As for Canelo fleeing a dead division, if he wins against Kovalev do YOU really think he’d fight Gvozdyk/Beterbiev/Bivol?

There’s no way on GODs green earth that Canelo stays at 175.

iii and BCS8 like this.
  6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    https://astanatimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/image-6-1.png

GGG vs Dervy vs is a good fight but that is why he chose him over Andrande. ^^ Size advantage as well as the loss to Jacobs.

Dazn can offer GGG plenty of big career defining , legacy fights.

Moving up to fight Callum Smith would make a big statement and boost his resume ten fold if he was to win. We all know he won't go near that fight which is not as hard as Canelo moving to 175 to fight Kovalev.

If Canelo wasn't in the picture , nobody would favour Callum to beat Kovalev.

This is why Golovkin represents nothing to Canelo! He won't take risks or challenges and wants to leach off Canelo for the rest of his career.

All this guy does is cry and moan about Canelo. Its understandable if Canelo only gave him one fight , but he gave him TWO , back to back , coming off a lay off and surgery to boot!!. He got two chances and he blew them. Its time to move on and face other top guys now! :cbiggrin2:

PunchersChance. likes this.
  7. DonTyson

DonTyson Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2018
    100% fair and square too

8. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    He is 1 and a draw! Deal with it! Thats a fact on record :)

9. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    I can imagine ggg nightmares!!! Canelo lets fight mexican style! Ohhh nooo ohhh nooo Canelooo Caneloooo lol

10. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I claimed jacobs to be ****? prove it, look for the post. Stop making up your own reality, dude, stop being so weak. I saw jacobs eating canvas vs mora, dont tell me I rate him for ****. Because I dont, and I never did.

EDIT: oh, really, deveriachenko (13-1 record, won to noone) lost in a close fight to jacobs? really? wow, I'm impressed, ATG material there, now maybe he can even get a draw vs sergio mora. Pitiful statement.

Since when in this forum started fighters to be considered great for winning to noone and losing to everyone? the same happened with campbell. It's disgusting.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  11. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    I think they did. Oscar had promised them Canelo, and DAZN signed Golovkin, promising him Alvarez.
    The only "little" problem is that, according to the Ali act, a promoter can't force his boxer to fight a specific opponent if he doesn't want to (so, Oscar can't force Canelo to fight Golovkin).

DAZN's decision to sign Golovkin for those crazy amounts of millions was a huge mistake.

BCS8 likes this.
  12. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    I know it’s on record but so too is Holyfield v Lewis 1 as a draw.

But what would the name be for Canelo claiming he’s 2-0 up.

TBH they where two very good fights, I thought they whereboth close but clear wins for GGG, I don’t see why Canelo and his fans are so against a 3rd.

BCS8 likes this.
  13. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    I was referring to the Canelo “fans”/Canelo himself claiming since their rematch GGG hasn’t tested himself, considering Canelo has only fought Fielding and Jacobs, I’m assuming his test was Jacobs....not solely referring to you....relax.

As for Derevyanchenko being great, I cannot recall a single person ever claiming this. As usual snowflakes are going OTT.

However Derevyanchenko narrowly losing to Jacobs proves he’s infact at the very top level, if that doesn’t impress you maybe Kovalev being past prime and nearly knocked out in his last fight and only 2 fights removed from being knocked out does.

Oh well.

BCS8 likes this.
  14. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    No new outfit has a choice but to overpay to get their foot in the door- PBC and Roc were no different. Boxing has a high barrier to entry.

15. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Another thread where usual suspects can have a field day, yay!

Wasn’t the trilogy fight part of the deal when both of them signed with DAZN?

kk17, Odins beard and BCS8 like this.