Teo NEEDS to fire his dad from his team

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Nov 27, 2021.

1. FastJab

FastJab Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2014
    We have witness two different kind of narcissists in two weeks with Porter's and now Lopez's Dad's!

TBI and PIPO23 like this.
  2. pepsiclassic

pepsiclassic Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2019
    100% ****ing weirdo.

Jackman65 likes this.
  3. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Not necessarily
    What he needs to do is prepare for every fight like it was the 1st loma fight.

Not the game plan obviously,
    But the cautious nature.
    He lost because of the way he wrecklessly came out in the 1st 4 round with zero respect for kambosos… which is why he got rocked & dropped.

Especially since his game plan of blowing him out in this 1st 4 rounds. Failed miserably.
    If he didn’t lose the 1st round 10-8
    There might be a Good chance there would be a different outcome.

always show respect for your opponent this is boxing, serious business.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    BitPlayerVesti likes this.
  4. boxwrecker

boxwrecker New Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Shades of Danny Garcia?

Jackman65 likes this.
  5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Well he still took him to a win over Loma.

6. weepaul

weepaul New Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I imagine Roach might tell him to **** off.
    He must know George pretty well from the hundreds of rounds sparring with Manny...

7. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Guy just opened his mouth blaming DAZN. Bob will through him to the wolves now and he’s now burning bridges for his son with DAZN.

Teo needs to step away from daddy

8. Pepsi Dioxide

Pepsi Dioxide Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Has anyone posted the transcript of what he said between rounds 1 and 2? I'm sure its a confusing pile of contradiction

9. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I think he was referring to the judges there believing Arum would have made sure the judges picked the right winner.

10. Interestedboxingfan

Interestedboxingfan New Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    His dad is a joke

Felt sorry for him in that corner

Embarrassing advice. And the time he took just to get in the ring was also embarrassing

11. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Just finished watching the fight and Lopez Srs advice between rounds seemed to literally consist of "f'ing finish this mf now". Dreadful

12. ironchamp

ironchamp Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 5, 2004
    His corner failed him; this was a winnable fight that Lopez let slip through his hands.

13. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    But his son didn't lose a single round.... Not one.. OK maybe he lost 2,3 maybe 4.

His actual words!!

14. Jackman65

Jackman65 Oh yeah, FJB! Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I hope these two tossers stay together. Teo Jr. and Sr. are both loud mouth scumbags with zero class. They are classless low life idiots and belong together. Yep made a few million in the last fight. I can’t wait to see this train wreck continue down the tracks. He is in for the rudest of awakenings. Teo makes Broner look like a classy, balanced likable guy.

Even if Teo fires his dad today, the stench of his father will linger for the rest of his career. He will eventually say nice things and admit he was emotional and caught up in the moment but he is rotten to the core just like his dad.

15. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Boxing Scene article about Lopez is pretty insightful. Sounds like there are serious serious issues in the Lopez camp.

Key paragraph imho:

The moment that encapsulated Lopez’s sad decline best came when DAZN cameras stopped rolling. With fans mostly filed out of the venue and DJ Dubbz had dropped his volume to elevator music decibels, Lopez instructed the few crew members remaining in the ring to back away. He then did his traditional backflip celebration, the one he’d done for the fights he’d won.

I thought Jr and Sr were classless on Saturday, but this road he seems to be on doesn't look pretty. Burning bridges with Top Rank, Sr blaming DAZN and Matchroom… he needs help and fast.

(for some reason the URL for Boxing Scene is censored so I can't provide a direct link - headline is "Teofimo Lopez's Prophecy Crashes, George Kambosos Catapults His Stock")

lobk likes this.