Teos next fight.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JSpizz, Nov 28, 2021.

1. JSpizz

JSpizz Jay Spizz. Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    It seems like the three options he had(or thought he had) have somewhat disappeared.

if Haney gets by Diaz it seems like he has a date with Rambo Kambo, I doubt Haney would take the fight regardless as Lopez now bring nothing to the table, that, and all the bad blood to do with Emails and franchise belts makes it seem unlikely.

The Taylor fight, which Lopez could have forced through as a mandatory, has also seemingly slipped away. Again Lopez brings nothing to the table at 140 now.

Last but not least the Loma rematch, I guess this is the most likely of the three fights Lopez was fighting instead of Kambo last night, I think this could happen because I'm sure Loma wants revenge, but Lopez claims he's going to 140, and I think he knows if Loma actually threw in the first 6 he probably would have lost.

Who's next for the takeover, I'd be surprised if it's for a belt TBH

2. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    First, he needs to lose that nickname. The Takeover? What exactly is he taking over? I don’t think Loma wants to fight this guy as he wants to fight for belts and Teo has no belt at the moment. Teo has been chirping about going to 140 for a while. Loma is technically too small for 135 but plans to stay there. No way is he a 140lb fighter, and I don’t see him even attempting to fight at the weight.

For me, Teo needs to get his feet under himself and get a new trainer. He also needs to distance himself from his scumbag father. Easier said than done but that would be the best move he could make. Get a couple wins under his belt at 140 and see if he’s ready for a shot at one of the top guys. A fight with Tank would be interesting but Teo, even diminished, is too much of a live dog for Tank to fight. Tank is a coward who only fights smaller guys moving up, old guys with no chance and no hopers at 140. His next fight is against an unranked guy who is shorter than Tank, moving up to his first big fight. A cherry picked bum with zero chance. This is the typical Tank opponent these days, not a guy like Teo.

I suspect Teo will price himself out of his next fight or two. His demands exceed his star power and ability to excite the public. For his sake, I hope he can find the discipline to remain at 135 because he has better chances of regaining a belt at the weight. All the top 140 pounders present serious problems for Teo as he gets back on track. I hope he finds some much needed humility and makes the changes to get into a championship picture. He’s immature, highly unlikeable, and might have some mental problems but is still a talent at 135.

After he recovers from yesterday’s beating, I would still favor him over the young guns at 135. Garcia is still green, I’m not sold on Haney, and Tank is a coward who only fights no hopers and smaller guys (until he proves otherwise). The LW landscape is more exciting with a healthy Lopez. We will see if he has the willpower, discipline and drive to get back into the picture. If he has legitimately grown out of the division, the future looks a lot less bright for him.

3. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    He doesn't bring anything to the table. The belts he was fawning over in the lockerroom before the fight are no longer his to bear.
    An up and comer might do for him but certainly no champions. I'm not even sure Loma would be interested since Lopez is beltless.

4. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    It should be on Lomas undercard, like before.

Oneirokritis and Jackman65 like this.
  5. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    His next fight should be with his father.

JunlongXiFan and oldcanvasback like this.
  6. Ivan28

Ivan28 Active Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2018
    From what i remember, his father was the one who wanted him to fight again with Lomachenko.There were some promised money and he was soo happy, kissing Arum's ass, he said he would give his best to make his son fight with Loma, but then something happen and they started the same old bullshits.For me it looked like the father wants the money, the son to be the greatest of all time.At the end, i'm not sure who is to blame here.

JunlongXiFan and oldcanvasback like this.
  7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    hes in a tough spot. taylor has 140 on lock, and he aint ready for taylor. but hey, broner could always use the money.

Wizbit1013 and oldcanvasback like this.
  8. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
  9. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    I would be happy to see Taylor fight Lopez.

I personally think Taylor should hang around at 140 until Crawford unifies the WBO. Let's say Taylor goes up to fight Crawford. Crawford will be favourite undoubtedly. But if Taylor managed to beat Crawford. He would be in the same predicament, holding the WBO strap and none of the PBC champions willing to fight him.

Lopez v Taylor makes sense for now after Taylor clears his mandatories

oldcanvasback likes this.
  10. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    I don't see what Lopez brings to the table for Taylor tho - he's mosdef no longer Undisputed (even if that was disputed) - he lost his belts and his 0, there is nothing of interest for Taylor there now. This solidifies in my mind that unless Tank grows a pair and tries to make a Taylor fight for Undisputed @140 - which would be a huge fight for Taylor in the US - he will move up to 147.

Jackman65, JSpizz and Finkel like this.
  11. panchman69

panchman69 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Join the canelo camp and feast on clen steaks for a year, then come back to 140 and knock everyone out.

Jackman65 likes this.