Terence Bud Crawford leaves Top Rank

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Nov 21, 2021.

1. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    There's 3 sides to every story, your side, my side, and the truth.

Crawford was too comfortable earning a few mil and not taking too big a risk to really push for what he wanted. Arum didn't invest in making him a crossover star and now moans that his fights don't make enough money.

Both could have done more but so what, it's really only one big fight that didn't get made. Who gives a **** about Crawford v the other pbc welterweights

2. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    You beat me to it again. Well done.

Oneirokritis and Braindamage like this.
  3. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    What was the big risks that he could have taken and didn't?

Oneirokritis, Willie Maeket and pacas like this.
  4. Renaissance_man

Renaissance_man Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    He was frustrated with their inability to secure a decent fight. Smart move by Crawford.

Oneirokritis and Manfred like this.
  5. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Should have done that 2 years ago!

Oneirokritis likes this.
  6. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Change Crawford to Lomachenko and watch him have a fit at his own paragraph. I hate that Crawford HAS to leave Top Rank to get good fights but that's the business of boxing. And I hate that business model. As a MMA fan having a close circuit of fighters who can't fight other guys in different promotions won't work either.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  7. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Canelo will obviously get more of the purse split against Spence in a first fight.

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Tank generates more revenue than JT.

9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Both fights can happen next year.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Ugas is not a tune up. He will
    Get the WBA belt and put another champion on his record then Crawford and Omaha can get it. He

11. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    If you re-read I said "feed him Taylor" - of course Bud would be favourite in that fight, and given the cards, it seems fairly clear that snake Bob already tried to feed Taylor to Ramirez, but that backfired.

Oneirokritis and Limerickbox like this.
  12. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Pleased for the guy, no point in looking back and saying he should have resigned bla bla bla. He has made the right call for the present and can move on without that old **** Bob on his back.

Oneirokritis and gollumsluvslave like this.
  13. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I'm not saying Crawford ducked or avoided anyone, he's the best in the division by some distance in my opinion. I'm just saying it was ticking over nicely and he was happy with that.

A fighter of his calibre fights who he wants to fight, there's no way he was banging on uncle Bob's door every day saying get me Spence, or he would have had that fight by now, Crawford even said himself last year something about having no interest in the fight.

14. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    In Spence's three listed bouts which were PPV -- against Mikey Garcia, Shawn Porter, and Danny Garcia -- the buyrates were 360k, 350k and 250k respectively. Now you said 350k-500k, so Spence has two buyrates at the low end of the range you stated. However, I'm not sure where you get the notion that Spence has done 500k PPV buys at any point in time.

Are you trying to inflate Spence's PPV numbers to make him seem like a bigger deal than he actually is? :lol:

15. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007